Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clock stopped - February 8th 2018

Automated Home Guru

Default Clock stopped - February 8th 2018

Well, I had to resort to a full-on, battery-pull reset of the controller this morning in my dressing gown.

I tried the recommended of manually resetting the clock (which at least put my heating on) clicking on and off the automatic Wi-Fi update button several times but no avail. The clock just solidly remained at the time I manually set it to. I waited an hour but with no change.

I've read all the previous threads on this subject and saw that even I had such an issue way back in 2016 but there was no indication of how to cure this problem other than a battery removal.

HONEYWELL, THIS IS A MAJOR SOFTWARE BUG IN THE CONTROLLER THAT HAS TO BE ADDRESSED. I really don't mind all the litte probelms that get raised here, in fact I quite enjoy reading about them but this is quite an unacceptable bug.

Thank heavens I do not use EvoHome to controller my hot water heating is all I can say. My house is full of software clocks and with the addition of Amzazon Spots I have two more. In all the decades of their use I cannot remember another example of a clock sticking!

It's the worst possible bug there can be - waiting for the noise of the HR92s to start at 07:02 and nothing happens.

Please Honeywell try and get to the bottom of this. I'm a great fan and been a user since the b/w system but this is just an unacceptable problem in such a critically important consumer household tool. Chris

Update: Looks like others had clock problems this morning - see thread: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...0-17-03/page34 My clock was reading 05 something as well.
    Last edited by chrisgare; 8th February 2018 at 10:25 AM.

Automated Home Legend

I too woke up to a cold house this morning (of all mornings). But my clock hadn't stopped. It was 30 mins slow! Made me think my alarm clock went made. I left it, and then an hour later every thing appeared to have gotten back to normal, the clock was back to the proper time.
    Wonder what happened there?

Automated Home Sr Member

Seems that an old problem has returned.

Perhaps it does not like the cold

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...-Clock-Stopped

It is interesting that the screen saver shows a different time from the main display.

Still getting it to show the outside temperature was such a vital important addition, not like keeping good time.
    Last edited by IM35461; 8th February 2018 at 10:13 AM.

Automated Home Guru

Thank heaven; the heasting came on as expected this morning!

Automated Home Legend

And my clock was the perfect time too, not the normal 2 mins out. We celebrate the small joys.

Automated Home Legend

Despite having had this problem a few times over the last few years and having posted about it previously, this time I was not affected!

It does seem to be a random software bug to me... it's not just that the time gets out, it stops altogether until a reboot.

Automated Home Guru

It seems to me that quite a few individuals had problems with their clocks yesterday morning. This is too much of a coincidence so I suspect it is Honeywell systems issue - a bad data download perhaps in combination issue with bad coding in the controller that stalls the clock. So you are right Simon.

No comment forthcoming from Honeywell though for such a major issue so far.

Automated Home Legend

Had no problem with my clock stopping. It is as usual always 2 to 3 minutes out whether I reset it or not. The reason will be Honeywell’s server must be on a different planet similar to earth and when the Big Bang occurred it happened 2 minutes earlier for Mother Earth compared to Mother Honeywell.

Automated Home Guru

Not had any problem with my clock, so far. Might be putting the mockers on it now, of course....

Automated Home Jr Member

I went to alter my clock today as it is a few minutes slow and noticed the date/time is set to "Wifi auto update". Clearly it isn't! Does anyone know what the clock source is? Is this (S)NTP based or something proprietary?