Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: update 02.00.17.00 and 02.00.17.03 can it be reversed

Automated Home Jr Member

[QUOTE=DBMandrake;36720]
    Quote Originally Posted by radar2016 View Post

I would stop obsessing over the Wifi connection - it's not going to be related to any of your problems.

If the heat demand for the boiler control relay is dropping to 0% in the diagnostic screen and the green light on your BDR91 stays on for any length of time that suggests that there are RF comms problems between the devices. I would start looking for possible causes of interference on 868Mhz.

What is the distance between controller and BDR91 and how many walls does the signal have to pass through to get there, of what type ? What do you get if you perform a signal check to the BDR91 ? Do you have any devices like an energy monitor or smart meter that may be using the same frequencies ?
    Right I will dismiss the wifi
    The controller and BDR91 are in the same room 12 feet apart, comm test successful
    Echo Dot in same room and has been since release in Oct 2016 no previous effect
    EON tv disconnect thing in same room 17 feet away and has been prior to getting EVOHOME first colour screen model, do not know frequency but no previous effect
    Comms test on all units successful

Yesterday I reset all schedules and copied to all days, today one room schedule set for 20 degrees from 8 am to 16.30 had changed to 5 degrees on all days.

I am not using the ECHO DOT or iPhone app at the moment but they have both worked previously, although the Echo took a bit of sorting.

Something is changing the settings and I cannot get to the bottom of it, there were no serious problems before.

Automated Home Jr Member philchillbill's Avatar

Something is changing the settings and I cannot get to the bottom of it, there were no serious problems before.
    Do you have a neighbour with a HGI80?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Do you have a neighbour with a HGI80?
    I am pretty sure they do not,my 2 nearest neighbours are 70 metres, the next one 110 metres not sure if they have, but would that work at that distance.

Automated Home Ninja

I am pretty sure they do not,my 2 nearest neighbours are 70 metres, the next one 110 metres not sure if they have, but would that work at that distance.
    Probably over open ground. But

a) I'm not sure you can actually change the schedule using the radio protocol (bruce_miranda and DanD might know more here)
    b) They'd have to be acting maliciously and deliberately targeting radio messages at your controller.

Seems pretty unlikely.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Remote manipulation of your heating using an HGI80 or equivalent is possible, but I think we have to apply Occam's Razor...

P.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    Probably over open ground. But

a) I'm not sure you can actually change the schedule using the radio protocol (bruce_miranda and DanD might know more here)
    Actually you can. Otherwise how else would the RFG100 work with older controller models, when it allows the iPhone/Android app to edit your schedule ?

b) They'd have to be acting maliciously and deliberately targeting radio messages at your controller.

Seems pretty unlikely.
    I think the HGI80 comment was probably made in jest. It's theoretically possible, but oh so unlikely

Automated Home Jr Member philchillbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Actually you can. Otherwise how else would the RFG100 work with older controller models, when it allows the iPhone/Android app to edit your schedule ?
    Does anybody know if a HGI80 can be used to update the schedule using the 868MHz connection? Were any endpoints ever discovered/created?

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Does anybody know if a HGI80 can be used to update the schedule using the 868MHz connection? Were any endpoints ever discovered/created?
    If DBMandrake's assertion that it can be done with an RFG100 is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), then it can be done with an HGI80.

But... you're saying someone is close enough to you to achieve this, and has the reason and the ability to achieve it...

As Paul said, Occam's Razor has to apply.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    If DBMandrake's assertion that it can be done with an RFG100 is true
    Owners of the older model controller that requires the RFG100 internet gateway can edit and modify their schedules using the iPhone/Android app.

So the 868Mhz protocol must support schedule retrieval and modification for this to work. Whether the newer model Wifi controller (which can't be bound to an RFG100) will still accept these same 868Mhz "legacy" schedule related commands is an open question though I admit.

Someone with an RFG100 and older model of controller would need to capture the over the air communication between the two devices during schedule changes to reverse engineer it - I think this has already been done but I can't remember where I read the details of this.