• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dty View Post
    Probably over open ground. But

a) I'm not sure you can actually change the schedule using the radio protocol (bruce_miranda and DanD might know more here)
    Actually you can. Otherwise how else would the RFG100 work with older controller models, when it allows the iPhone/Android app to edit your schedule ?

b) They'd have to be acting maliciously and deliberately targeting radio messages at your controller.

Seems pretty unlikely.
    I think the HGI80 comment was probably made in jest. It's theoretically possible, but oh so unlikely

Comment

• philchillbill
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      Actually you can. Otherwise how else would the RFG100 work with older controller models, when it allows the iPhone/Android app to edit your schedule ?
      Does anybody know if a HGI80 can be used to update the schedule using the 868MHz connection? Were any endpoints ever discovered/created?

Comment

• dty
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by philchillbill View Post
        Does anybody know if a HGI80 can be used to update the schedule using the 868MHz connection? Were any endpoints ever discovered/created?
        If DBMandrake's assertion that it can be done with an RFG100 is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), then it can be done with an HGI80.

But... you're saying someone is close enough to you to achieve this, and has the reason and the ability to achieve it...

As Paul said, Occam's Razor has to apply.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dty View Post
          If DBMandrake's assertion that it can be done with an RFG100 is true
          Owners of the older model controller that requires the RFG100 internet gateway can edit and modify their schedules using the iPhone/Android app.

So the 868Mhz protocol must support schedule retrieval and modification for this to work. Whether the newer model Wifi controller (which can't be bound to an RFG100) will still accept these same 868Mhz "legacy" schedule related commands is an open question though I admit.

Someone with an RFG100 and older model of controller would need to capture the over the air communication between the two devices during schedule changes to reverse engineer it - I think this has already been done but I can't remember where I read the details of this.

Comment

Working...
          X