Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: evohome - What shedule do you use ?

  1. #1
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    12

    Default evohome - What shedule do you use ?

    Hi All

    This is my first week of eveohome, so just trying to get my head around things.
    What temp do you have in the rooms when you aren't in the house ?
    Do you heat all rooms (even none used spare rooms) for a small period each day ?

    I have my lounge on at 06:30 -> 08:20 @ 17 degrees, then off down to 14, 12:00 -> :13:00 @ 16 degrees, then down to 14degrees, then from 18:00 - 22:00 @ 16degrees.
    Does this look excessive in any way ?

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nigethechap View Post
    Hi All

    This is my first week of eveohome, so just trying to get my head around things.
    What temp do you have in the rooms when you aren't in the house ?
    Do you heat all rooms (even none used spare rooms) for a small period each day ?

    I have my lounge on at 06:30 -> 08:20 @ 17 degrees, then off down to 14, 12:00 -> :13:00 @ 16 degrees, then down to 14degrees, then from 18:00 - 22:00 @ 16degrees.
    Does this look excessive in any way ?

    Many thanks
    So the Warmest you have your Lounge is 17c I have mine at 21c I would find 17c very cool

  3. #3
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mylesm View Post
    So the Warmest you have your Lounge is 17c I have mine at 21c I would find 17c very cool
    We have a wood burning stove in the lounge. I'm just worried i'm over using the heating.
    What do you guys think to this schedule ?

    IMG_0451.jpg

  4. #4
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    143

    Default

    [QUOTE=nigethechap;36712]We have a wood burning stove in the lounge. I'm just worried i'm over using the heating.
    What do you guys think to this schedule ?

    Oh well that's totally different I replied that 17c was cool as you made no mention of supplementary heating in Lounge

  5. #5
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    111

    Default

    My comments:

    Before Evohome I used to have heating on twice a day, but Evohome saves so much gas I now have it on continuous from 07:00 to 22:00 so leave it on all day unless you are out to work.

    You must have a very cold house indeed! I have my downstairs temperature set to 21 degrees all day.

    I put master bedroom down to 5 degrees after 10:00 and heat it to 17 degrees at 19:00.

    I have a wood stove in my living room that heats it to 23 degrees when it is going. but the room is set to 21 degrees for day times and increase it to 22 degrees at 17:00. If the wood stove is going the radiators are off anyway.

    Unused bedrooms are set to 5 degrees.

    I couldn't live work in a house set to 14 degrees during the day - Evohome is allows you to have a comfortable temperature while keeping a reasonable gas bill.

  6. #6
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgare View Post
    My comments:

    Before Evohome I used to have heating on twice a day, but Evohome saves so much gas I now have it on continuous from 07:00 to 22:00 so leave it on all day unless you are out to work.

    You must have a very cold house indeed! I have my downstairs temperature set to 21 degrees all day.

    I put master bedroom down to 5 degrees after 10:00 and heat it to 17 degrees at 19:00.

    I have a wood stove in my living room that heats it to 23 degrees when it is going. but the room is set to 21 degrees for day times and increase it to 22 degrees at 17:00. If the wood stove is going the radiators are off anyway.

    Unused bedrooms are set to 5 degrees.

    I couldn't live work in a house set to 14 degrees during the day - Evohome is allows you to have a comfortable temperature while keeping a reasonable gas bill.
    Can you advise roughly how much gas you use with that setting, on a say a weekly basis ? As i say, just trying to find the balance between warmth / cost.
    I've just started a tracking spreadsheet which i'll use for the next few weeks, whilst i get a feel for costs etc....

  7. #7
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nigethechap View Post
    Can you advise roughly how much gas you use with that setting, on a say a weekly basis ? As i say, just trying to find the balance between warmth / cost.
    I've just started a tracking spreadsheet which i'll use for the next few weeks, whilst i get a feel for costs etc....
    I have a large house with 12 zones but here is my gas usage thius year:

    temp.jpg

  8. #8
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    988

    Default

    I had a new boiler installed earlier this year which is connected via Opentherm to an existing Evohome 12 zone system. I live in a 5 bed home. The rooms in use at set to 20C and the rooms not in use to 13C. The heating system is planned to optimum start for 7.30am and optimum stop by 10.30pm. I monitor my gas usage in 15 minute blocks which has shown that the greatest efficiency is achieved by NOT fiddling with the schedule AND by leaving set temperatures throughout the day. Unless I am leaving the house for more than 4 hours, I no longer use Economy as the amount of gas used to get the house back up to temperature is greater than the gas saved. My gas usage since the 1st February has been as follows:

    44.9
    49.4
    52.7
    57.2
    57.2
    66.2
    65.1
    56.1 kWhs

    Somewhere between 1.50 and 2 per day.

  9. #9
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    44.9
    49.4
    52.7
    57.2
    57.2
    66.2
    65.1
    56.1 kWhs

    Somewhere between 1.50 and 2 per day.
    Wow, I'm shocked how good your figures are, or how bad mine are:

    129.83
    129.91
    130.13
    147.33
    147.33
    129.70
    157.93
    131.01

    Between 4.50 and 5.50 per day!

    Also a 5 bedroom house. We don't close any doors so I'm wondering if that would make much of a difference. Is your house super well insulated? My boiler is around ten years old. Time for a new boiler? I could be saving 200-300 a year if I had your figures!

  10. #10
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post
    Wow, I'm shocked how good your figures are, or how bad mine are:

    129.83
    129.91
    130.13
    147.33
    147.33
    129.70
    157.93
    131.01
    Your figures are about the same or a little less than ours...

    Lots of factors in ours - old boiler, old house with poor insulation, (no under floor or loft insulation, main walls are done though) heavy internal walls with a lot of thermal mass to heat up each day - drafts in a couple of places that need sorting but need quite a bit of work to fix... It all adds up!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •