Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cortex W10 Released

Quote Originally Posted by JonS View Post
    HI Karam
    Re the Beelink devices, you mentioned that the BT3 Pro for £130 supports boot from power resume .... does the AP34 as well?
    Answering my own question, doesn't look like it http://www.bee-link.com/Beelink-28314-1-1.html
    A Cheap laptop like this also looks good value https://www.laptopoutlet.co.uk/lenov...u20039uk.html#
    ... could double as a on wall family calendar .. if I can get the wires to it!
    JonS

Just put my new licence in and moved over to Cortex W10. Excellent - thanks for that.

I'm still on W7, and hoping to build a new machine shortly or perhaps consider the BT3, and then run on Windows 10.

Two quick things I can't fathom...

1 - When the computer boots up, loads Cortex, it should then start the network. I have to do that manually by clicking.

2 - It won't let me start the network as I don't have the telephone licence. It says it will be 'inhibited'. I have to remove that from the structure (click and delete), and then Cortex will start. However, when I stop the network, close the program and save the database, the next time 'telephone' is back in the structure and I have to delete it again.

It must be something else, but I don't know where to look!

Thanks.

Alexc,

1- In Tools | Network Supervisor | On Network Run, there is a check box under Network Run heading which you should set. Normally this is the default setting.

2- It is probably something connected to the telephone object that it doesn't like, not the telephone object itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JonS View Post
    HI Karam
    Re the Beelink devices, you mentioned that the BT3 Pro for £130 supports boot from power resume .... does the AP34 as well?
    As you have discovered, the answer is unfortunately no. I have contacted Beelink but there is no indication that they will provide a BIOS update or introduce into newer models as yet. To be honest I don't really know how much control they themselves have over the product unless you buy in bulk.

Thanks. The first problem (network run) was simply the tick box. No idea why that was not ticked.
    I cannot see that anything is connected to the telephone object. It won't allow me to see the connections (get the error message), so deleting the telephone object is the only way to get past the error and start the network.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 08.48.00.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 08.48.18.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 08.53.58.png

I'm also having problems sending and receiving email, and also the web server isn't functioning.
    I suspect this is the computer giving me issues - as I said, it's still on Windows 7.

I've switched back to Cortex v27 for the moment, which is working perfectly, whilst I fiddle with the new version and upgrade the PC.

Automated Home Jr Member

Alexc,
    Are you using gmail servers to sending and receiving emails? If so try to change port in SMTP settings. I set it to 587 and email is working for me now.
    I have the same issue with the phone object. To check connections to this I enabled trial licence with all features and i don't see anything connected to the phone.

Apologies all. Yes there is a problem with the phone object related to licencing which we are now investigating to resolve.

The web server menu has changed somewhat and this could be a cause of set up mistakes. There is now an 'Allow non secure connections' tick box which should be checked if you want to use an http type URL. Also make sure you have allowed Cortex W10 through any firewall you may have. I don't think there would be any problems with Windows 7 so I'd check other settings in the e-mail object and, as I say, ability of Cortex W10 to access the internet.

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

we've tried 465 & 587, but no luck with either ... when we change, do we have to relaunch, I wonder, or ... ?

Chris