Evohome temp override becomes permanent if system mode set at Away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordonb3
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2016

Evohome temp override becomes permanent if system mode set at Away?

I use a script to preheat the children's bedrooms to a somewhat comfortable temperature before they get to bed. Last week I created a cron job for that script so I wouldn't have to explain the system to the babysitter and part out of laziness I just left it that way. Today as we were out I had set the system mode to Away and much to my surprise I found the children's bedrooms to be in override mode at a time that should not be the case. In Domoticz where I connect to the system through the RFG100 link the zones also reported as being in override with an end time that was in the past.

Has anyone else ever seen this behaviour?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Away mode suspends all scheduled set point changes, so yes, if you overrode a zone to a different temperature than the normal away temperature, it would stay that way indefinitely as there would be no regular scheduled set points to set it to anything else.

The controller UI does not allow you to set an override while in away mode, however you can still set an override from an HR92 (which then applies forever, as you discovered) and it sounds like you can also still override a zone in away mode using the Web API ?

Comment

• gordonb3
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2016

Apparently, yes. Should note though that where touching a dial anywhere in the system relies on the schedule to end the override I actually also set a different end time, so effectively the behaviour is double wrong.

Guess I need to make the routine smarter to counter this bug.

Comment

Working...
      X