• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyTriumpH
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2016

Evohome Controller Upgrade Query

Hi

I have had my Evohome for about 3 years since it came out, but with the original version if you wanted to connect your Controller to your mobile phone you needed to use the bridge which basically allows the wifi connection between your home router and Evohome.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the new Evohome Controller have done away extra bridge and it can connect directly to your normal home wifi router. If this is the case, could simply swap my old Evohome Controller to the new, or is it more complex than that?

Thanks
  • MichaelD
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by AndyTriumpH View Post
    Hi

I have had my Evohome for about 3 years since it came out, but with the original version if you wanted to connect your Controller to your mobile phone you needed to use the bridge which basically allows the wifi connection between your home router and Evohome.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the new Evohome Controller have done away extra bridge and it can connect directly to your normal home wifi router. If this is the case, could simply swap my old Evohome Controller to the new, or is it more complex than that?

Thanks
    Yes, it is as simple as that. Only hard part is paying for the new one

Comment

Working...
    X