• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rvb99
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2017

Outside Temp changes and overshoots

So here in France the outside temperature has gone from -8degC with a wind chill of -17 to +6 within a couple of days. Interesting to see the overshoots in some zones of up to 3deg as Evohome readjusts to the new sitution.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Yes it will take a while for a sudden change like that - hence my suggestion in other threads of combining weather compensation with Evohome so that the maximum flow temperature is automatically reduced when the outside temperatures shoot up. This would minimise or perhaps completely avoid the overshoots and learning process having to adapt so much in a short space of time.

By the way I don't think "wind chill" figures are relevant for buildings are they ? I thought they are based on how cold we feel which includes factors like evaporation of sweat ?

Comment

• rcopus
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2014

But the standard answer from Honeywell and some others on the forum is that Evohome doesn’t need weather compensation.

I disagree with this as when the temperature suddenly devates from ‘the norm’ (the last week or so in the UK for example) Evohome does a poor job of both working out when to start heating and then initially how to maintain the temperature. Then optimum stop sees a zone going off far too early. Mine has adjusted and is working great, but once the beast from the east leaves then it will take some readjusting again.

Not sure all of these situations can be fixed given the HR92 acts somewhat indpendently to the controller. If the historical data during situations like this was recorded along with the external temperature it could be overcome. It’s a shame the data for these occurrences is lost due to the way Evohome works. If we have another recorruence of the current weather in a months time then the outcome for Evohome won’t be any different and there will be a period of overshoots and poor optimisation.

Comment

• Jahill
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2017

Yes, I find this frustrating too. Each temperature change of more than 4c seems to leave the heating befuddled for 24 hours with 1c temp under/overshoots and the valves working overtime to adjust. In my case, weather compensation at the boiler won’t help as evohome has the set point at around 36c, way below where my boiler would set it.

Most of the time, the system works like a dream.

Comment

Working...
        X