Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evohome - one zone not optimising.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Codger View Post
    The reboot fixed the problem for me. I came down 15 mins ahead of the “on” time and the display said it was “optimising on”, Rads were warm.

It wasn’t at temp by the due time but I guess it will learn.

Is there software that allows you to chart the temperatures in the rooms? So I can see how things perform over a period of days/weeks/months?
    It happened to me about 4 days ago when my kitchen zone failed to come on even after the normal set temperature time. I have turned off the Window Open function in the HR92s and it has been fine since.

Re your monitoring - try https://conradconnect.de/en

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    It happened to me about 4 days ago when my kitchen zone failed to come on even after the normal set temperature time. I have turned off the Window Open function in the HR92s and it has been fine since.

Re your monitoring - try https://conradconnect.de/en
    It's odd that three or four of us had the problem around the same time.

Thanks for ths link to Conrad Connect. I can't find how to link it to my Evohome account. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Now if only we could find out HOW to trigger the "won't optimise" bug for a particular zone, MANY people would be over the moon!

I was thinking about this - how to stop a zone optimising - can you trick the zone by using a short dummy time slot at the start and end of a time slot? e.g. if you want to force a bedroom to come on at 19C ONLY at 9pm. have a dummy 10 minute interval from 8:50pm at (say) 10 C. the worst that would happen is it would start to "on optimise" on at 8:50 to get it up from 10 C to 19C.

Theres lots of limitations to this method but it would be a work around.

Automated Home Jr Member

I fitted a plinth heater with a HR92 and remote temp sensor in the kitchen last December and have the system set to optimise off. The kitchen never shows optimisation which I think is mainly because the heater is undersized for the room (particularly in the recent weather) so never can reach the 20c set point.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by richardjh View Post
    I fitted a plinth heater with a HR92 and remote temp sensor in the kitchen last December and have the system set to optimise off. The kitchen never shows optimisation which I think is mainly because the heater is undersized for the room (particularly in the recent weather) so never can reach the 20c set point.

Have you tried doing what was recommeded for my problem - popping the battery out for a few seconds and rebooting the contoller?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Codger View Post
    I can't find how to link it to my Evohome account. Can you point me in the right direction please?
    Found it myself! Search for Honeywell not Evohome.

Automated Home Legend

I got up this morning and noticed that my hall zone had not come on. It is usually the first to do so. On checking the controller, the zone was showing an Override until the ON time of 7.40am. This is the second time that this has happened with different zones since the rollout of the new firmware. I should add that neither my wife nor I use the App and the hall HR92s are not in positions that get knocked.

Automated Home Legend

Was the override temperature the previous set point ?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Was the override temperature the previous set point ?
    Yes, it was over-ridden to the overnight temperature of 8C until the new set temperature time of 07.40 when the zone should have been at 18C.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Yes, it was over-ridden to the overnight temperature of 8C until the new set temperature time of 07.40 when the zone should have been at 18C.
    Ok. That will just be the well known problem where set point changes are sometimes reverted by the HR92's hourly set point broadcast.

Had that happen to me a couple of days ago - we had a visitor staying the night in the living room, which is scheduled to go from 20.5 degrees to 5 degrees at 11pm, at about 11:30 they were ready for bed, the zone set point had already gone to 5 but the room was still warm of course, I used my phone to set a 19 degree override until 9am the following morning for them then went to bed myself.

The next morning I came down to find the living room sitting at 15 degrees with a 5 degree set point and a manual override end time of 9am. Argh.... Their radiator had been off all night because the set point reverted back to 5 degrees just a few minutes after I changed it and I wasn't around to notice. I even see the evidence of it in my graph where the set point briefly went up to 19 then back down to 5 just a few minutes later.

Will we ever see this problem fixed I wonder... For me, it's been there (very infrequently) ever since the very first firmware update that added local override display, over 2 years ago.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 5th March 2018 at 10:12 AM.