• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Double Binding two zones to one BDR91

Has anyone bound two zones (Controlled by T87RF or a DT92) to one BDR91? Bit complicated the way my towel rail circuit is set out, however I need two temperature sensors bound to one BDR91 to control the Towel Rail motorised valve. I'm assuming I can just set up another zone and bound it to the BDR91 without clearing the previous readings.

I would have tested this already however I haven't got any spare DT92e or T87RFs about to test so I need to acquire or buy one, hence the question. If it works I'll gladly go out and purchased one, just didn't want to be wasting £70+.

My other option is of course just to add another BDR91 to the zone valve (So it has two BDR91s controlling one valve) however I've already got 4 and finding space to fit another one maybe difficult!
  • Dan_Robinson
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Jun 2012

Just bind a sensor to the BDR and set it to silly high. Room sensing is unlikely to be important for a towel rail surely?
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• mtmcgavock
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
      Just bind a sensor to the BDR and set it to silly high. Room sensing is unlikely to be important for a towel rail surely?
      I could do that with the current setup, however it's not ideal. We use the Stats not so much for temperature control (Although I do to maintain a minimum temp, and have traditional TRVs to stop them overheating) but in Summer we use them to override the towel rail circuit when we get out the shower for 30 mins or so. In Winter they come on with the HW circuit but I turn this off during summer as our En-Suite ends up hotter than most mediterranean countries! (The TRVs are no good in summer as they won't open to dry the towels on a lower setting and to get the towels dry the higher settings overheat the room).

Comment

Working...
      X