X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lyndonp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2017

EvoHome Controller time is stuck and not talkign to wireless relay box anymore

I just have Worcester Bosch combi and the wireless relay box so nothing complicated and it has worked fine since installed May 2017 until today.

This morning I noticed the time was showing 8:45 on the idle screen (it was about 10:15). On pressing the screen to go into main screen I noticed it showed 9:33 in the top right. Top left is showing 2 square blocks one filled in the other empty.

The wi-fi settings is showing as connected.IMG_1119.jpg

I changed the time setting to auto update wi-fi off and set the time manually. However the time is not increasing as I would have expected. I have changed it a few times and it is currently still stuck at 11:05 since I last changed it.

I went to do an RF comms check and the first time I did it the red light flashed 5 times, however it hasn't done it since I repeated the test. There are no lights showing on the wireless relay box - should there be any?

I am at a bit of a loss as to what could be the issue or what to do to rectify it.

Only other thing is that it is conencted to Alexa.

I have also done the battery fix as well i.e. part the batteries whilst on the stand just so it charges them up as well.
    Last edited by Lyndonp; 10 March 2018, 12:45 PM.
  • Lyndonp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2017

Some more info. The missus just said the green light on the realy box was on. I had upped the temperature and the boiler came on. So the controller is talking to the relay box, so the issue appears to be that the time is just stuck even when in manual mode.

Comment

• Lyndonp
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2017

Even more bizarre, the time (still in manual mode) has suddenly just jumped to 11:38am, and is now increasing properly!

What the heck is going off???

(I tried to change to post title but it hasn't done it.)
      Last edited by Lyndonp; 10 March 2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

The Evohome controller's sense of time is bizarre. (Some would say buggy or broken - in fact there are other 'b' words but they'd probably get filtered by the forum software).

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Known bug. Reboot the controller.

There's several threads discussing this problem already where you can find more details.
          Last edited by DBMandrake; 11 March 2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Lyndonp
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Sep 2017

Ok thanks have seen some of the other posts now.

So just to clarify to do a reboot you take it off the stand and take the batteries out? Bit brutal!

I have sent this to the Honeywell contact via the link on one of the posts. Will be interesting to see if I get a reply:-

I have had my Evohome since May 2017 . Yesterday I noticed the time on my controller was over an hour slow. It is set to get the time via wi-fi. I changed it to manual and set to the correct time. I went back later only to find it had not increased. I changed it again. Still stuck when I went back.
            Not knowing what to do I tried the battery reset as described on the Automated Home forum as I noticed the battery was not charging even though it had been off the stand so it should have been charging.

After a short while I noticed the time jump to almost the correct time 2 mins slow. It then started moving correctly and soon afterwards went to the correct time.
            This issue has been reported a number of times on the Automated Forum so is not a one off issue and is a known bug which needs attention. Whether the battery reset i.e. part batteries whilst on the stand was the cure or a coincidence I do not know.

I would appreciate a response to this issue and how to resolve when it next occurs.

Regards

Comment

• Lyndonp
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Sep 2017

I did get a reply from Honeywell support a couple of days after posting the issue which was good to hear. So here is the official response to the time issue:-

If the evohome Wi-Fi clock is stuck at a certain time, the batteries need to be removed and placed back to perform a restart on the controller.

To initiate a full recharge of the battery:

Seat the evohome controller on to the base station.
              When fully located remove the batteries.
              Wait until the battery symbol displays a cross in it and then reinsert them.
              Leave the evohome controller on the base station for at least 12 hours before removing it again.

===

So doesn't look like there will be a software or firmware fix for it.

Comment

Working...
              X