Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EvoHome Advice

Automated Home Legend

This is a pretty daft discussion as for 99% of the time the HW kit works very well. Having a temperature differential range also reduces energy use. I have set my differential at 5C as 55C is the minimum flow temperature for my shower. Occasionally, I get a temperature overshoot of 1C. Comms faults are rare and normal service is usually restored within the hour.

Automated Home Jr Member

The only problem that I have with the HW kit is the installation, I don't have a second thermostat pocket for the HW kit and the existing thermostat includes the limit stat so I'd have to have that replaced with something that allows the HW kit's sensor as well. I'll have to have a look and see what's available.

Automated Home Legend

My OSO cylinder doesn’t have any ports. The sensor has just been pushed up (at an angle) underneath the installation foam with access via the electrical panel. It needs to be pushed up to the correct height as per the user guide.

Automated Home Jr Member

Taking a closer look at my cylinder, I don't have an electrical panel which breaches the insulation, except for the immersion heater.

I have however noticed that the ESi thermostat that I have has enough space inside to put the additional sensor into the thermostat pocket, so I should be fine after all:

Automated Home Legend

Good new. Whatever you decide, make sure that the CS92 etc are separated from each other and other bits of metal etc (if possible) by at least 300mm. If you decide to go for an OT Bridge, my installer's advice was to place it well away from everything else. My Bridge is located in the corner of the integral garage where the boiler is located with about 15 foot separation.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that. Fortunately I have lots of space in the cupboard by the cylinder, but I might need to have a think about where the OT bridge could go that's not next to the boiler.