• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StuartG
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2015

One zone has a "frozen" temperature

One of my zones has developed a curious fault. The valve and the controller show the same temperature and control properly; but the TCC app and my data logger show a tramlining value.

e.g. today the room is warming up, so the temperature has climbed from 16.5 to now 18.5, but the app and my PHP logging continue to show 16.5

When I replay the history it looks like it has been doing this for a while, and it's only one zone out of the twelve that seems to be impacted. All other zones show lots of movement up and down.

I have the earlier version of the system with the internet gateway.

Has anyone come across this before, or have any suggestions as to how to fix it? I've tried removing the system and adding it back, but it's still stuck.

The local control appears to be working, so it's just the interface to the app / backend that seems to be stuck!
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

So the official Honeywell app also shows the Zone not updating ?

Have you tried rebooting the controller ?

Comment

• StuartG
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2015

Yes - the app also shows the frozen value, so the stuck value is somewhere after the controller itself. Either the value isn't being sent from the controller via the gateway, or the system downstream of the gateway isn't passing the value through.

I've not tried rebooting the controller as all other zones are working fine, and the controller itself is showing the correct value.

Can you reboot the controller without losing all the bindings and schedules? I don't want to have to redo all of that across twelve zones including multi-rooms / multi radiators, and would rather live with the "stuck" value in that case!!!
      Last edited by StuartG; 19 March 2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Originally posted by StuartG View Post
        Yes - the app also shows the frozen value, so the stuck value is somewhere after the controller itself. Either the value isn't being sent from the controller via the gateway, or the system downstream of the gateway isn't passing the value through.

I've not tried rebooting the controller as all other zones are working fine, and the controller itself is showing the correct value.

Can you reboot the controller without losing all the bindings and schedules? I don't want to have to redo all of that across twelve zones including multi-rooms / multi radiators, and would rather live with the "stuck" value in that case!!!
        Yes, you just remove the batteries; wait 30 seconds and then replace them. DO NOT press the RESET button in the controller settings. You may well find that once power is restored that you will get no temperatures in a number of zones. It can take over a hour for the system to fully re-boot. You can expedite the process with a brief button press/release on one of the HR92s in the zones that are slow to synchronise with the controller.

Comment

• StuartG
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2015

I tried rebooting as you suggested, but still no luck - the same zone is still frozen, although it is now frozen at a different value. It looks as though the first value that was relayed on reboot is being held.

I've also noticed that in the TCC app I have an extra "unnamed" zone that has appeared. It seems to be showing a set point of 62C, but it has no name, and no measured value. The app just shows --. I don't know when that appeared as it is right at the end of the list of zones. I can see no corresponding zone in the main controller, so I have no idea where this one has come from!

I've tried removing the heating system from my TCC account and re-adding it, but that also doesn't the issue of either the stuck zone nor the extra zone.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

I would contact Honeywell support - they are the only ones who will be able to fix the phantom zone that is now showing up in the TCC app and its likely it will fix your original problem as well.

Did you ever delete and recreate that zone by chance ?

Comment

• StuartG
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2015

I did try deleting and recreating the zone that was stuck, but it is still stuck!

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by StuartG View Post
                I did try deleting and recreating the zone that was stuck, but it is still stuck!
                I mean before the problem occurred. I've seen reports on here that deleting a zone then creating a new zone of the same name in a different "slot" can sometimes lead to a phantom zone in the TCC app.

In any case I think you'll need Honeywell support to fix this on their end.

Comment

• StuartG
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Mar 2015

Yes - I tried deleting the zone and then recreated it, before trying other steps, so that might be when the phantom zone appeared. I've contacted Honeywell through their support page so hopefully someone there can get in "behind the scenes" and see what is going on. I'm guessing there's something up at the server end of things seeing as the phantom zone and stuck value are propagating to the app and the script I use for logging! It doesn't seem to be affecting the operation of the system at a local level, but it's bugging me!

Comment

• petep
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Jan 2018

I had a phantom zone

I deleted the location on the Honeywell Server and added it back again and all was well.
                    (I read this somewhere on one of the threads)

Comment

• StuartG
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Mar 2015

Honeywell have been able to resync my account so my "ghost" zone is gone, but I still have a stuck reading where the zone temperature only ever changes from 19 to 19.5 and back again. The local controller is fine, and shows a full range of temperatures. I've asked Honeywell for some further help on that one!

Comment

Working...
                      X