• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBoy
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2017

More HR92 weirdness

I previously reported weird window behaviour. This morning my wife pointed out that our bedroom radiator was saying "24.5C".

We have a two room zone (bedroom and ensuite) and while the bathroom unit and the app were showing the target temp of 20, actual temp 20, the bedroom one looked like this:

received_10155183282536813.jpg

We haven't overridden it (which would surely affect both rooms) and it never reported this in the app. When the next time point was reached, it was applied as expected.

I'm a bit worried I can't trust the system... Any ideas?
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

That little round symbol above the temp shows that someone probably HAS knocked the dial.

You can disable this, most easily from the controller.

P.

Comment

• MrBoy
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2017

I never knew you could disable manual override (thanks) but...

a)4.5 degrees is a lot of twisting, not just brushing it which can easily be done
      b)surely this should override the zone not just the one radiator - it's a multi-room zone
      c)the app should've shown the overridden temperature, shouldn't it?

Unless this is some weirdness of a multi-room zone, I cannot remember which radiator we set as the master?

Side question - if you DO accidentally set an override, or set one and want to undo it, is there an easy way from the HR92? I don't mean remembering the previous temp and turning the knob back, but cancelling the override?

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
        I never knew you could disable manual override (thanks) but...

a)4.5 degrees is a lot of twisting, not just brushing it which can easily be done
        Got any kids ? Our 2 year old finds the living room HR92 irresistible because it lights up when the knob is turned...
        b)surely this should override the zone not just the one radiator - it's a multi-room zone
        No. Multi-room zone means that you can manually override a radiator and it affects only that one radiator. If it was a single room zone it would behave as you describe.
        c)the app should've shown the overridden temperature, shouldn't it?
        For a single room zone yes, for a multi-room zone no. Manual overrides made on any HR92 belonging to a multi-room zone do not show up on the controller or phone app.
        Unless this is some weirdness of a multi-room zone, I cannot remember which radiator we set as the master?
        For a multi-room zone the only thing different about the "master" HR92 is this is the one whose measured temperature is displayed on the controller. Other than that there is no difference between the HR92's in the zone and local overrides in the set point made at HR92's are not shown.

If you make a set point override at the controller it overrides all HR92's in the multi-room zone and displays the override.
        Side question - if you DO accidentally set an override, or set one and want to undo it, is there an easy way from the HR92? I don't mean remembering the previous temp and turning the knob back, but cancelling the override?
        For a multi-room zone overridden at the HR92 just turn the HR92 back to the original scheduled temperature. The manual override icon (the round one at the top of your picture) will go out when you set it to the original temperature. There is no "cancel override" function on an HR92.
        Last edited by DBMandrake; 19 March 2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• MrBoy
          Automated Home Guru
          • May 2017

Thanks - sounds like barring the question of how it got turned all is intended functionality?

We don't have kids and this is in our bedroom as we were getting up. I suppose it's probably more likely the curtain caught it or something like that than my unit is faulty so I'll just keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
          X