Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my plan going to work?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by wafu1983 View Post
    How did you run the flow/return to your manifold? Did you just rip up bits of the house, or box it in somewhere?
    Somewhat lucky there, it runs the length of the loft and then goes down the corner of a bedroom which is above a garage. Hid the run through that room by adding a very narrow stud+plasterboard to the width of the wall. Then there's a bit of a kink through a couple of brick walls and then into the roof space (very well insulated) of the roof at the back of the extension - before ceiling went up. Down into the corner of that room where the manifold box is. Then it feed the two zones - the room it's just come through and a large conservatory immediately adjacent.

The only bit that required any real "repair" was the bedroom wall.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    You'll find the the UFH pump will starve the radiator circuit. It needs dedicated flow and returns from the boiler to work properly.
    I don't find that, both rads and UFH stay hot.

Automated Home Sr Member

Usually the radiator circuit pipe is much too small to feed the ufh . We have 90m2 of ufh with 7 hydraulic circuits of 80m each. To feed this Iím running 32mm diameter Multilayer pipes some 15m from the boiler take off to the ufh manifold. I installed the complete ufh myself using a kit and this was the feed pipes recommended.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by wafu1983 View Post
    Starve it in terms of what? Pressure? Flow? Temperature?
    From experience it starves the radiators nearest to the underfloor manifold. Had it before where someone had fitted a UFH manifold and had tee'd into a radiator circuit, the living room and hall radiators near by wouldn't get hot when the UFH manifold was running due to the pump starving the circuit.