• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Achilles2k
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2017

HR92 dropping to 5.0 randomly

Hi all
    Over the past several weeks I have had many instances of some of my HR92 valve controllers randomly dropping to 5.0 degrees. I work at home a lot and have the target temperature set for the whole day to a comfortable level. For no apparent reason the controller drops to 5.0 and obviously closes the valve. I have to either manually override the HR92 or use the App to set the target temperature back to where I want it. This has happened up to 3 times on the same day.
    I thought that maybe it was the 'window open' setting - so I have disabled this on the HR92s. Problem remains. I keep all of the doors closed (and windows!) to maintain a constant temp but this is still happening.
    This is really annoying. Anyone got any ideas what is causing this please? And how to fix it?!
    Cheers
  • g6ejd
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2016

How old are the batteries and don't take any notice of the battery indicator, it tends to be over-optimistic. Does the problem follow an HR92 if you swap a errant one with a known good working one?

Comment

• rvb99
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2017

Anything showing on the controller .such as window icon for the zone , error messages in the fault log etc ?

Comment

• Achilles2k
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2017

Thanks for the ideas.
        New batteries all round a few weeks ago - figured it might help - there were errors in the log relating to batteries - even though the display showed 2 bars. But still getting the problem.
        No symbols on the display.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Personally I don't see how the temperature can be dropping to 5 without any symbols being displayed in the zone, because as far as I can remember every change that goes outside the normal schedule will show some symbol or another.

Overrides made at an HR92 or wall thermostat or at the controller itself will show a pocket watch icon, overrides made using the phone apps or Web API or Web integrations will show a mobile phone icon, a 5 degree override caused by window detection will show a small window icon, (it looks more light a noughts and crosses grid...) etc

The only one I'm not quite sure about is the optimal stop icon or whether there is an icon when optimal stop is in action, as I've had optimal stop disabled for a long time now.

So some questions - do you have optimal stop turned on ? If so do you understand how it works, and have you tried turning it off ?

Also, at the time when a zone has mysteriously gone to 5 degrees, what should the set point be, what is the previous set point in the zone schedule, and what is the next set point in the zone schedule ? Describing the full schedule for that zone for the day - times and temperature, and when you noticed it had gone to 5 in relation to that would be helpful.

My guess is that you have optimal stop enabled and don't fully understand how it works, but I could have sworn that optimal stop had it's own icon when affecting a zone...
          Last edited by DBMandrake; 25 March 2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• chrisgare
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2013

What are the lowest i.e. 'off' temperature do you set in your schedule? I use 5 degrees but if you use 10 degrees then this might provide an indication whether it is schedule or system related perhaps? Only the OPEN WINDOW function and OFF Quck Action set a temperature of 5 degrees I think.

Interestingly, for a long time now when I turn the Open Window function OFF in a zone off on the controller it reverts back to ON the next day. I can only make it permanent by changing the settin on the HR92.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

I enabled optimal stop on my system and when it dropped the temperatures "prematurely" to 5 in the evening, as it should, it showed a big Euro symbol in the zone. (Why not a pound symbol Honywell ? Wink wink...) so it can't be optimal stop either.

Comment

Working...
              X