• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jabes
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

T87RF2033 vs DTS92E1020

Finally thinking about evohome after having experimented with the competition...

For a room-based temperature read (in a larger multi-radiator zone) what's the difference between the T87RF2033 and the DTS92E1020?
    Is it just aesthetics and price?

Best wishes
    James
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

I use 92s because they have a shelf stand which allows me to move them about if I wish. Also they are cheaper.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

The DTS92 is cheaper, has the stand option as mentioned, and actually has more features, for example the eco mode to perform a timed set back, and the off button to quickly toggle the set point to 5 or back again. The T87RF is more about looks - some people would no doubt prefer the aesthetics, but I'm not sure that it is as obvious how to use it as you have to turn the outside of the casing to adjust the set point instead of press up/down buttons.

One other minor difference is that when you disable "local override" in a zone, for example to kid proof an HR92 so they can't fiddle with the temperature, it also locks the DTS92 so you can't perform an override from there either. Apparently the T87RF does not get locked for local overrides in the same way according to those that own them.

So if you have a situation where you want to lock the dial on the HR92 but not the wall thermostat you can't do this with a DTS92. (You can still override from the control panel or a phone however)

One thing I don't like about the DTS92 is the front battery flap lifts off really easily - my 2 year old will sometimes climb on the arm of the sofa before I realise it and remove the battery flap from the front!

Having said that I still prefer the DTS92 and have two of them, and none of the T87RF.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 26 March 2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

The round thermostat is easier for making quick adjustments if you have non techie people in the house (turning a big dial rather than pushing little buttons). But as Chris says it has to go on a wall (tip: use VHB tape rather than the supplied screws). The square one has an eco button which can be useful (doesn't set Evohome into Economy mode - it just adjusts that one zone).

P.

Comment

• rvb99
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2017

We’ve got a couple of TF87RFs . They work fine and the non techies have no trouble using them . Btw if you buy via the French or German amazon they are around €68. Search for T87RF2059 - instructions are German only but you can of course download English instructions from HONEYWELL site.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

The T87RFs are often available brand new on popular sites for about £50. I have 4 in the house, all bought for not a penny more than £50 each. And sometimes with the BDR91 included too.

Comment

Working...
            X