Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: evohome range checking

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

With 27 radiators you might be better off splitting the system into two, with two controllers (unfortunately you can’t run them on different frequencies, so you'll still see collisions from all that kit).

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    With 27 radiators you might be better off splitting the system into two, with two controllers (unfortunately you canít run them on different frequencies, so you'll still see collisions from all that kit).
    Hopefully I don't need to resort to that; I'd probably give Wiser a go (as it has extenders) first.

Best wishes
    James

Automated Home Jr Member

You have 27 radiators, how many controllable zones are you dividing that into, bearing in mind an Evohome controller can only handle 12 zones plus one hot water zone?

We have a small guest house (made out of Manx stone), and ended up with two controllers to cover eighteen controllable zones. We haven't exactly followed Honeywell's advice, as our two boiler relays are too close, and the two controllers sit next to each other on a shelf. We occasionally have a comms fail to a zone, but it isn't a regular occurrence, so the comms seem fairly good. I believe we could have bound both controllers to the same boiler relay, but earlier software versions didn't identify which zone was calling for heat, so it helped deciding where a heat call was coming from when the system was new.

Regards,

Alan.

Automated Home Sr Member

The 12 zones are actually fine given multi-room zone support. Before doing the controller tests I'm really trying to understand the impact of the '1' we saw in the earlier testing with the thermostat. This way when I order the kit I can do an appropriate amount of pre-testing and decide whether to go ahead or return what I can...