HR92 unilaterally switched to 34.5c - how to set a max temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

HR92 unilaterally switched to 34.5c - how to set a max temp?

After 2 years of running our large Evohome setup a gremlin appeared.
    Upstairs bedroom HR92 setpoint jumped to 34.5c all on it's own. Daughter (her bedroom) said "not me" .
    There is nothing around the HR92 and it would need a full half rotation to go from 18 to 34.5 so an accidental brush-by wouldn't really do it.
    Was also at 19:22 (domoticz logs) and there are no normal temp setpoint changes around then.

She noticed it when room temp got to 22c so I assume it would have gone all the way to 34.5c
    There were no additional symbols on the WiFi Controller.

So for belt-n-braces I thought it would be best to set a maximum top temperature at 24c everywhere, but cannot find anywhere that mentions it.

I've checked the HR92 docs and nothing... So does anybody have any useful info ?

TIA
    Brian

ps: Still think Evohome is an amazing system and you know it works when nobody in the house ever mentions it because the hot water and heating, in all rooms, is absolutely perfect and consistent.
  • DerekWilliamsUK
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2018

The procedure can be found here:

Del

Comment

• MrB
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2015

Thanks - normally I'm so good at finding things ... not this time it appears :-)

Have to change zone by zone, but all 12 now done.

For Honeywell: Setting default Min at 5c is very sensible, setting Max at 35c is weird. Who the wotsit sets their room temp to 35c. Why not default Max to the recommended 21c plus a couple... Seems more sensible, to me, to start Max there and let the 1 person on planet earth who wants their room at 35c adjust as needed.

Thanks again.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Sounds like the issue I had a couple of years ago:

The images aren't visible anymore (thanks, Photobucket) but you should still get the gist of it.

I'd recommend that you do a battery out reboot of all the HR92's in the affected zones.

Although I never found out for certain, I think the phantom override was a glitch in the HR92, not a problem with the controller, so rebooting the HR92 fixed it and I haven't had a phantom override to a random temperature since.

Comment

• MrB
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2015

Yep - will do the HR92 reset. Nothing on the Controller end so no harm in clearing the HR92 out....

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

I'm suggesting a reboot (remove the batteries) not a settings Reset. (which is in the menu)

Comment

• MrB
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Oct 2015

I come from the PC world so "press the reset switch" means "reboot". So 'yes' - just remove batteries from HR92.

Been very weird since changing all the max temps. Some valves were making noise like a vibration as if plunger being activated up/down very quickly. Just for a second. Room temps over overshooting as was HW. Just a degree or so, but noticeable. The Domoticz graphs shows the weird setpoints being activated or zero at nonsensical times. So I hit he Controller with a hammer
              aka: remove the batteries for 30 secs.

Hopefully that sorts it otherwise I'll post the graphs and data from domoticz (hooked up to HGI80).

Comment

Working...
              X