Thread: Vallient VR33 module installation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Jr Member

Question Vallient VR33 module installation

Morning all,

I've got a Vallient EcoTec and my plumbers coming over next week to help me reconfigure the system for EvoHome and OpenTherm.

I know what I'm doing on the DHW setup from other posts, but I can't find straitforward instructions for the VR33 isntall in the boiler.

I've found various Dutch forums (https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum...ssages/1796283) but Google translate I'm not 100% happy about giving it a go and possibly breaking the boiler.

Has anyone in the UK done this and got a few bullet points on what goes where, which loops go on and off etc?

Many thanks

Automated Home Legend

Lots of us in the UK have done it. What is the exact EcoTec model? I think my 438 was the only boiler where I had to go off piste a little with the installation. The rest are dead easy.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Lots of us in the UK have done it. What is the exact EcoTec model? I think my 438 was the only boiler where I had to go off piste a little with the installation. The rest are dead easy.
    Hi Bruce,

thanks for coming back, massivley appreciated!

It's an Vaillant ecotec plus 630.

The plumber is coming on Monday and I've already got the module, so just need to know what goes where, what loops stay on / come off etc.

Thanks

Automated Home Legend

I think the 630 is the same generation as my 438.

So see http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ll=1#post28823

Automated Home Legend

Actually ignore what I just said for a moment and post a picture of your boiler PCB. The 630 appears to use both the old style 7-8-9 terminal PCB as well as the 24VRT, Burner Off terminal PCB.