• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnykp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2018

Honeywell Evohome Advice

Hi Guys,

I'm after some advice, I'm looking at installing evo home in my house but am unsure if it'll be suitable and the best way to go about it. Ill list out my queries to see if you have any answers

Here is my setup at the moment

I live in a 3 floored house
    Worcester 40CDI Conventional boiler with
    250L heatbank for DHW which is constantly on to keep DHW at 70 degrees
    3 UFH zones downstairs each of individual digital stats
    1 stat downstairs that does CH on all floors
    2 zone valves-1 for 3rd floor, the other for all other radiators on 1st/2nd floor
    14 Radiators in total, 2 rooms have 2 radiators.

Questions

1.How does the evo hot water system work with a heatbank or i'm i better leaving it as is?
    2.How good is the communication frequency(as the BDR91 will be installed on the bottom floor some distance from the top floor radiators)?
    3.Am i right and thinking that i want the zone valves to remain open?
    4.Would it be possible to initially just have a Y87RF stat on each floor to start with, rather than buying 16 HR92UK?

Thanks in advance
  • Edinburgh2000
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by johnykp View Post
    1.How does the evo hot water system work with a heatbank or i'm i better leaving it as is?
    2.How good is the communication frequency(as the BDR91 will be installed on the bottom floor some distance from the top floor radiators)?
    3.Am i right and thinking that i want the zone valves to remain open?
    4.Would it be possible to initially just have a Y87RF stat on each floor to start with, rather than buying 16 HR92UK?
    I'm not the best qualified person on this forum to answer but, in the deafening silence your post has received, I will offer my two penn'orth....

2. Distance of a BDR91 from radiators is irrelevant. The Evohome controller talks with each BDR91 and the Evohome controller talks to HR92s (on radiators). You can put a BDR91 anywhere you like, provided you can run the cabling from it to control the relevant zone valve or boiler relay. Thus if comms are tricky you can site the BDR91 closer to the controller.

3. No. You will still need the zone valves to control the flows on each floor if you are not fitting HR92s universally.

4. Yes. You can configure Evohome to control separate zones using a wall thermostat for each zone, a zone valve and a BDR91 to control that zone valve. That's exactly the arrangement I have and it works fine.

Comment

• johnykp
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2018

Hi, thanks for the reply, how many bdr's do you need for your setup? One for each zone?

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by johnykp View Post
        Hi, thanks for the reply, how many bdr's do you need for your setup? One for each zone?
        Yes, one per heating zone and one for the DHW (hot water). This discussion is overlapping with the thread below, which is discussing similar questions and where I included my wiring diagram for my four BDR91s at post #7.

Comment

Working...
        X