Thread: Some Help Please With Multiple Zone Valves On Evohome

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Lurker

Default Some Help Please With Multiple Zone Valves On Evohome

I'm just sourcing the bits for my domestic system and have already got the EvoHome starter kit with 4 x TRV controllers. There is going to be a thermal store for DHW and heating, which will demand heat from the boiler and pretty much look after itself to keep at tempearture. Solar PV will be warming the store via 3 x 3kW immersion heaters whenever the sun shines.

DHW will be direct from the store via a plate heat exchanger at mains pressure with no need for any control. So all the EvoHome system has to do is demand heat from the store, control the circulation pump and open/close any valves. It's a big system all piped in 28mm because of the distances from end to end.

In total I have 16 radiators, not all of which can be fitted with a TRV (long story) plus some other emitters that can only be controlled by 2 way valves for which I plan to use several V4073H (28mm). The thermal store also has a separate loop for UFCH, delivering water at a lower temperature and so not needing a mixing valve and to do this it will have it's own pump.

I want to control the system, using EvoHome as follows:

• About 8-10 rads with TRVs under EvoHome control, as normal with HR92s.
    • The remainder of the emitters grouped as conventional "zones" with three 2-port 28mm valves. These "zones" to be time controlled only with no need for any thermostatic control. All the EvoHome has to do is open or close the 2-port valves at the required time (or not at all if in holiday mode).
    • The UFCH controlled with a Honeywell HCC80R (if necessary), but it will need to activate the dedicated pump, not the main circulation pump.

My question is, how can I control these 3 or more zone valves and preferably have some indication of whether they are set for open or closed? I know I can use a BD91 to control one zone and just pretend it's controlling a hot water cylinder on an S-Plan, but how can I deal with several of them?

If I can control the UFCH without needing the HCC80R but just another 2-port valve, a metering manifold and a wireless thermostat that would be the icing on the cake.

It goes without saying that I want to do this all on a single controller/display.

Any ideas?

By the way, I failed to get any help from Honeywell when I rang other than "read the installation instructions" and my heating engineer booked us a visit by the local area technical guy/rep who failed to turn up after we'd both waited for hom for 2 hours. No apology, no rearrangement. I e-maled with no reply

Cheers.
    Last edited by Chunky; 17th April 2018 at 07:22 AM. Reason: typo