• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jabes
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Pairing TRVs ahead of installing BDR91

So my final signal strength tests are good and I've committed to order everything from evohomeshop. It'll be a few weeks before my electrician can come to install the relays for me... is there any problem with me getting underway creating the zones and installing the TRVs regardless? Obviously they won't be able to call for heat.

Should I remove the BRD91 from the zones somehow or just leave it and ignore any comm faults? Or should I avoid doing this because it'll affect the evohome learning how my home responds?

Best wishes
    James
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I'd wait. Otherwise the system will go into learning mode for a couple of weeks and end up with completely screwed parameters.

P.

Comment

• Jabes
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
      I'd wait. Otherwise the system will go into learning mode for a couple of weeks and end up with completely screwed parameters.
      That is what I was concerned about. I wonder if there is any benefit to me putting the HR92s on unbound, at least it would cut down on unboxing time...

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

An HR92 can be used unbound, standalone. You can adjust the temperature on the dial but it won't follow any sort of schedule.

Comment

Working...
        X