• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyHerb
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2018

State confirmation solution

I currently have a small Energenie solution which I use to turn a few sockets on/off via Alexa. It’s great fun and has really given me the bug for more. The single largest problem I have is that the system is fire-and-forget, meaning there’s no state information sent by the devices back to base, meaning I can’t check whether something’s on/off when I’m out of the house, and there’s no guarantee that a request ever reaches the intended device.

I’d really appreciate people’s input and thoughts on the consumer solutions available which include some form of guaranteed on/off (or confirmation it *didn’t* work) before I invest in another solution.

I’d like a solution which switches and/or dimms lights (i.e. not smart lightbulbs), UK mains wall sockets, and potentially heating also, all of which integrates with Alexa (Apple HomeKit would be a plus, but not essential).

Hopefully that’s not too much to ask without heading down the route of professional installations, but if that’s the only realistic route, it’s an option if it’s not cost prohibitive.

Thanks in advance,
    Andy
Working...
X