• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DorrisMancer
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2017

Ghosts in the system

My system seems to work well now (with the occasional comms fault to the more remote HR92s) but I have many pages of "boiler relay" fault/restore faults. The BDR91s control 2-port valves for heating and DHW (controlling the pump in the usual way) so I assume that this problem is because someone (a "professional") has wrongly configured a boiler relay.
    Initially there was a ghost zone on the evotouch and the phone app but when I reset the evotouch (batteries out and power off) it got rid of the ghost from the controller but not from the app. This ghost zone shows a set temperature of 62 deg (but no measured temperature) so I assume it's DHW related.

The "professionals" have been trying to get Honeywell to help solve this, but progress is glacial. How do I stop the boiler relay fault reports without having to start again with the whole system? Will the ghost disappear from the app if I reinstall, or is there something else needed?
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

sounds like you have a radio comms issue.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2017

The reported faults don't seem to stop the system from working so why do you say that? It's a long way (with thick walls) to the furthest outposts (26 rads, IIRC) so I'm not surprised at the occasional comms failure., and I thought that a boiler relay was not needed when the BDR91s control zone valves ... ?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

are you able to clearing all binding and rebind the BDR91. A picture of the actual faults screen might help.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

If you have a hot water zone valve and heating zone valve both controlled by a BDR91 - eg two BDR91's in total then you do not have a boiler control relay, (otherwise you would have 3x BDR91 as I do) and the fact that it is complaining about comms errors to the boiler control relay means that the relays were not correctly bound, and that one of them was incorrectly double bound with boiler relay as a second function.

This will cause no end of comms errors to be reported, although the system will largely still work as normal. If you go into the installer menu, (long press on settings) system devices, boiler control should say none. If it says wireless relay box you have found your problem.

If this is the case you'll need to do the following to be certain of fixing the problem:

1) Change boiler control to none, and change stored hot water to none.
          2) Clear the bindings on both BDR91. To do this hold down the button on each BDR91 until the light starts flashing slowly (binding mode) and continue holding it for a total of about 15 seconds until it changes to a faster blip. This means all bindings on the relay are cleared.
          3) Go back into stored hot water, change it to enabled, and follow the steps to bind the hot water cylinder sensor, hot water relay and heating relays when prompted. To put the devices into binding mode (one at a time, when prompted) hold the button for about 5 seconds until it starts flashing slowly.

Do not configure a boiler control relay. That should fix the problem, assuming the problem is as I described.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
            Automated Home Guru
            • Nov 2017

Thanks! Boiler control does indeed say "wireless relay box" - I'll tackle it tomorrow.

Any thoughts about the ghost DHW zone on the app? Is this likely to be related, a hangover from something else, or ... ?

Comment

• Hatch
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by DorrisMancer View Post
              Any thoughts about the ghost DHW zone on the app?
              Log out of app, log in on TCC webpage. Remove your gateway or evohome WiFi from the Location, wait a couple of minutes and then add it back. Again, wait a couple of minutes and log out of the webpage and back in on the app to check if the ghost zone still appears.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
                Automated Home Guru
                • Nov 2017

Belated thanks to DBMandrake and Hatch - all problems now seem to be solved.

Comment

Working...
                X