Clear All
  • stevelup
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2015

Flashing red light on BDR

Hi

Got a weird problem...

I've recently changed from:-

Generation 1 EvoHome + WiFi Bridge + 2 x BDR (Y Plan)

to

WiFi Evohome + Opentherm Bridge + Single BDR (Hot Water Only Valve)

Everything is working perfectly. No comms errors, hot water valve opening and closing as it should. Yet despite this, the red light is illuminated on the BDR. I've done the full reset (long press) and re-bound it a couple of times. Still the light is red.

Any thoughts?

Steve
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I've had that when I thought I'd held the button for 15 seconds but somehow c*cked it up. So the BDR91 has the new binding, but also retains the original binding.

Try the full reset again. It's obvious when it has worked because the LED flashes differently to the normal 5 second press.

P.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Constant red light means the BDR91 has lost comms for over an hour. What error does it report in the Fault Logbook ?

When you say you've done a full reset, you held the button for at least 15 seconds until the light changed from a slow flash to a fast flash ? Only then are previous bindings cleared.

If it still has a binding to the old controller this is the most likely cause of the error.

I'm going to assume that the redundant BDR91 has been disconnected and removed so it isn't interfering ?

Comment

• stevelup
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2015

Nothing in the fault logbook - all working fine.

I think you're both right - an old binding is still in there.

I'll try the long press again although I'm sure I saw the fast flash - perhaps not.

Yes, the redundant BDR has been removed from the system - that's going to be used to control the UFH in about a month's time.

Comment

Working...
        X