• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westyfield2
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2018

Evohome Thermostat Comparison

Hi,

For a particular room I need to get a remote sensor as the HR92 isn't in a great place for measuring.

Looking around I can see at least four different models of sensor. I don't particularly need set point adjustment only really need it to be a sensor, but there's no security problem if it can do set point adjustment.
    • DTS92E
    • DT92E (DTS92E bundled with a BDR91)
    • HCF82
    • HCW82 (HCF82 with adjustment dial)
    • T87RF
    • Y87RF (T87RF bundled with a BDR91)
    • There may be more

In terms of actually being a sensor and RF comms back to the Evohome controller, are they all just as good as each other?

Looking at the picture the T87RF looks to be physically smaller than the rest, and the DTS92E looks similar to the CS92 hot water transmitter which there's a number of threads here complaining about...
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

As a sensor, they are all the same. The differences come with the features. Obviously the ones with the displays will show you the current room temperature as sensed by the sensor and also what the Set point is. Then there is Eco and Manual over-rides that differ.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Westyfield2 View Post
      In terms of actually being a sensor and RF comms back to the Evohome controller, are they all just as good as each other?
      In theory yes, although I'm not sure if anyone here is actually using an HCF82 or HCW82 - they're quite outdated looking and expensive IMHO, a holdover from the old Hometronic system.
      Looking at the picture the T87RF looks to be physically smaller than the rest, and the DTS92E looks similar to the CS92 hot water transmitter which there's a number of threads here complaining about...
      The DTS92 has the same size case as the CS92A hot water sensor yes, but that and the battery compartment is where the similarity ends.

I've had many problems with the CS92A, but haven't had a single problem with any of my three DTS92's - they've all been flawless, and very accurate as well.

The only thing I don't like about the DTS92 is that the front battery cover lifts off rather too easily - as my 2 year old boy has discovered...

Comment

Working...
      X