BDR91 binding - check that I've got it right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jabes
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

BDR91 binding - check that I've got it right?

Hi:

I have an S-plan configuration with stored hot water. I have two BDR91s, one when activated turns on the boiler and operates the heating valve. The other will turn on the boiler and operate the hot water valve. If either relay activates the boiler will fire.

In terms of binding, I bound the heating BDR91 to the 'heating control' setting. When I bound the hot water I bound the temperature sensor and it asked me how many values - I selected the 2 or more, and it asked me to bind the hot water BDR91 - which I did, but it also asked me to bind the heating BDR91 which confused me?

Have I misunderstood how I should configure the evohome for my system?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

What is boiler control set to ? It should be set to none with the two relay system you have.

Comment

• Jabes
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2017

It is currently set to 'wireless relay box' - and I bound it to the heating BDR91.
      Then when I set up hot water it asked to be bound to both individually.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

"Boiler control" should only be bound if you have a third BDR91 that directly fires the boiler and does not connect to any zone valves.

From your description you have two relays connected to two zone valves, and and the zone valves then connect to the boiler to fire it. So you do not want a boiler control relay configured in the evohome setup, only hot water and heating relays in the stored hot water section.

Have a look at my post here for how to clear the bindings and do them again:

Comment

• Jabes
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          "Boiler control" should only be bound if you have a third BDR91 that directly fires the boiler and does not connect to any zone valves.
          Cleared bindings and reset - thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X