What do Honeywell mean when they say a HR92 displays the actual temperature ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old_Codger
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2017

What do Honeywell mean when they say a HR92 displays the actual temperature ?

Is it possible to get an HR92 to display the temperature it is actually sensing ?

I have just installed a YT87 into my living room zone which has two HR92s. The valves are set to display the “room temperature” rather than the setpoint. However, they are displaying the same value as on the YT87.

Is there a setting to get the HR92 to display the current temperature it is individually reading ? (And if not, why not ) e.g. in my setup I would expect the Stat and each valve to possibly be showing different temperatures.

Is the temp displayed the real temperature (rounded to 1 deg obviously) or is it in some way modified by the calibration offset or other factor ?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

In a normal "single room zone" there is only one temperature sensor used for the zone. Because you added a YT87 as temperature sensor to the room this is your active sensor in the room, and the built in sensors in the HR92's will not be used, except for the open window detection feature which looks for sudden temperature drops to detect a window being left open. But for normal room temperature regulation only the YT87 reading will be used, and all HR92's in the zone that are set to show measured temperature will just display the same temperature reported by the YT87 and controller.

Why would you want to show the temperature measured beside the radiators when it is nowhere near as accurate as that reported by a remote YT87 ? That's the whole point of using a remote sensor...

The calibration offset configured in the HR92's does nothing when they are not being used as the temperature sensor. The YT87 itself might have a calibration setting (not sure, as I don't have one) but generally a calibration offset is not needed for a remote wall sensor because it is not subject to heat from close proximity to a radiator.

The system measures the temperature to a full two decimal places and uses this precise value when trying to regulate room temperature, however it is only displayed rounded to the nearest half degree, and is also biased up to half a degree towards the set point.

Comment

• Old_Codger
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2017

Why? Because I’m an automation engineer (chemical industry) and I have this strange concept of wanting to know what’s actually happening rather than what someone thinks I want to know.

Thanks for the rest of the info

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Old_Codger View Post
        Why? Because I’m an automation engineer (chemical industry) and I have this strange concept of wanting to know what’s actually happening rather than what someone thinks I want to know.

Thanks for the rest of the info
        It is possible to monitor the temperature reading of all sensors in a zone and to two decimal places without rounding, but to do so requires running Domoticz with an HGI80 interface.

Comment

• dty
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          It is possible to monitor the temperature reading of all sensors in a zone and to two decimal places without rounding, but to do so requires running Domoticz with an HGI80 interface.
          ^^^ This. The HR92s still measure the temperature and transmit it to the controller in this configuration, so it can be read using a number of the various radio-based techniques available. I'm not sure if it's exposed over Honeywell's API or not. Worth a try, I suppose.

Comment

• Old_Codger
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2017

I looked at domoticz and it was way too geeky for me and I’m geek but I don’t speak Linux so a lot of the set up doesn’t make Sense. I have been logging data on Conradconnect, but I can’t see how to get to the individual HR92 readings.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dty View Post
              ^^^ This. The HR92s still measure the temperature and transmit it to the controller in this configuration, so it can be read using a number of the various radio-based techniques available. I'm not sure if it's exposed over Honeywell's API or not. Worth a try, I suppose.
              Not exposed on the API unfortunately, nor is heat demand. Both can only be captured via an HGI80 or similar.

Comment

Working...
              X