Thread: Wireless Burglar alarms

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Wireless Burglar alarms

Are there any truly secure wireless smart burglar alarms? I don't mean Fort Knox type systems but a burglar alarm system (perhaps with smart door locks etc) that can't be hacked (or rather haven't yet been hacked) Wired systems may be old fashioned but they are tough to hack

I already have the Honeywell Evohome heating system and i was wondering if their security stuff was any good or if there's better (more secure/flexible) stuff available?

Automated Home Sr Member

Visonic is the most professional wireless stuff. Powermaster is a very high specced system that is used by commercial installers.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for the reply. Since asking I've been looking at Pyronix - does anyone know of them?

I would also recommend Visonic.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Jr Member

Quite an old thread now. Does anyone have any updated recommendations please?

Automated Home Sr Member

As per my earlier recommendation - A long standing professional standard wireless standard is Visonic, that has not changed.

Automated Home Jr Member

Sorry Basil I've been up to my ears with stuff but I do appreciate your response. I'm looking at the Visonic Powermaster GTX compact as a basic kit just to cover my ground floor. A couple of add-ons should meet my needs. Thank you again.