Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HGI80 hot water termperature no longer showing in domoticz

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabes View Post
    No. I'm trying to delete and re-add to domoticz to see if that makes a difference.
    Well all the other zones have come back (some not with the right names yet), HW valve and CH valves but no hot water temperatures so far.
    I wonder if it is worth rebinding, but it is obviously working to the main controller - as functionally and via web api it all looks good

Automated Home Sr Member

Curious! I wonder what the next step is.

I will move the HGI80 a bit (it is pretty much where it has always been) and see if it makes a difference. I don't think you can turn on the detailed logs without building the system yourself but that might be the next step (to check they are not being received and ignored later in the processing)...
    Well it's like it was before. The Hot Water entry has been created but with no temperature against it; I guess this is from a message which isn't the temperature report itself - those look entirely missing.

Best wishes
    James

Automated Home Legend

I don't know what it could be but mine has been working fine since I updated yesterday morning.

Automated Home Legend

Two things I would try is, check the terminal output of the HGI80 and see if you can even see the HW temp message coming in.
    Put some debug messages in the code and recompile the code.
    You will have to probably force some HW temperature changes because otherwise those messages are sent very infrequently.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Two things I would try is, check the terminal output of the HGI80 and see if you can even see the HW temp message coming in.
    Put some debug messages in the code and recompile the code.
    You will have to probably force some HW temperature changes because otherwise those messages are sent very infrequently.
    I'm forwarding messages from a remote raspberrypi using ser2net so that makes a nice place to add a log of the raw output, which I will now do. Is there any documentation which will show me which messages I am looking for?

Automated Home Sr Member

I think the message is 1260, and I see this in my log:

048 I --- 07:040114 --:------ 07:040114 1260 003 0016D1

Automated Home Sr Member

I think the message is 1260, and I see this in my log:

048 I --- 07:040114 --:------ 07:040114 1260 003 0016D1
    Just spent a little while exploring the code on GitHub. I can see that these messages will be ignored. The code looks like it asks the controller to report the DHW temperature, which it isn't doing - or isn't getting a response.

I think my controller id is right - it is in the form 064e7d (01:151165) - I put 064e7d in the configuration. I assume if it was wrong I wouldn't see anything.

I think I need to get the domoticz debug messages... which look like they need a debug build.

Any ideas gratefully received but I've actually got work to do today so will leave it for now.

Automated Home Sr Member

Well so much for work. Have spent a happy couple of hours this afternoon understanding the code. It seems that it ignores the temperature reports directly from the hot water sensor (which I can see, and copied above) - and instead makes a request of the controller to send an update.

However, I am not sure that any outbound messages from my HGI80 are being acted upon. I wonder if it is broken?
    Talking directly to the device and sending a copy of the message I can see domoticz trying to send:

RQ - 18:730 1:151165 -:- 1260 001 00

...doesn't result in any particular response. Because I'm not sure in what format the other responses are meant to come I'm not sure if any of the outbound requests are being received... and that makes it difficult to know if they are not being sent or not being received :-)

I take it the HGI80 doesn't echo back? (when I send the command above I don't see anything)...?

Automated Home Sr Member

Further investigation - connecting to the HGI80 directly, pulling the plug on it and putting it back in I now see echoes to my RQ responses! I guess the HGI80 had got itself into a funny state. Rebooting the raspberry pi didn't clear it, only dropping the power entirely.

So, I think we are up and running!

And I've learnt a lot about how to build domoticz, and how to talk to my evohome system - so that's a bonus!

Automated Home Guru

Hi Jabes,

Apologies for not responding sooner due to travel. The HGI80 can sometimes get into this state i.e. it rejects any message send requests if it gets too many requests within a short period of time. I'm not sure what the limit is, but I think it's part of the firmware and its wireless certification. As you found, interrupting the USB link and re-connecting seems to be the only way to fix it. Incidentally, I think a Domoticz bug a while ago which has now been fixed, caused a similar problem and it was only noticeable because temperature setpoint changes made within Domoticz were ignored.

Regards,

Dan