• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Local override disabled lost after HR92 reboot

Here's an interesting one, and it would be good if anyone can confirm this bug.

Our living room radiator and a couple of others are set to "Local override disabled" in the zone configuration on the controller to prevent our 2 year old (who likes to climb in the area and ends up kicking the HR92 knob with his feet) from accidentally turning us up to 30 degrees...

A week ago he somehow managed to pop the knob off the top and cause the battery clip to become dislodged at the hinge as well, resulting in an un-powered HR92, I fixed it at the time and thought nothing more of it.

Then today he bumped the knob with his foot and I heard the telltale sound of the motor doing it's thing. I checked the screen and sure enough the lock icon was missing. I then checked the zone configuration in the controller and confirmed local override for the zone was still disabled, and pressing the temperature buttons on the DTS92 also reported local overrides were disabled, and yet the HR92 was cheerfully letting me adjust the temperature. Hmm.

I then tried rebooting the HR92 and gave it about 20 minutes to sync - nope, local override still not locked. Then thinking maybe a controller reboot would "re-send" the lock configuration to the HR92, left that about half an hour, nope, still not locked.

Finally I tried enabling local override in the zone configuration, waiting 5 minutes to ensure the change was sent through, then disabling it again, and waiting another 5 minutes.

As I suspected the HR92 local override is now locked again. This is rather disappointing to say the least as it seems that if an HR92 is ever rebooted, for example by changing the batteries it is no longer locked!

And neither rebooting the HR92 or the controller restores the local override lock configuration, only going into each of the affected zones and enabling, waiting 5 minutes, then disabling again.

Can anyone else confirm this bug ?
  • Muzz
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2015

It sounds rather like to the toddler "hacking" issue I had earlier this year (http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...g-quot-evohome).

From memory I don't think manually changing the temperature on the controller updated the local lock, but it kick back in at the next scheduled change.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Muzz View Post
      It sounds rather like to the toddler "hacking" issue I had earlier this year (http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...g-quot-evohome).

From memory I don't think manually changing the temperature on the controller updated the local lock, but it kick back in at the next scheduled change.
      Except in my case it was about 4 days between the time when the batteries were re-inserted until I noticed that local override wasn't disabled as it should be.

The only thing I can think of that might explain that is that being summer that HR92 may have been set to 5 degrees for those whole 4 days, but I'm not certain about that.

In summer instead of using the Heating Off action (which doesn't allow zone overrides like turning on a bathroom radiator) I use a custom "Downstairs Off" quick action which schedules all downstairs rooms to 5C at 8am and 11pm. This allows bedrooms to follow their normal schedules as it can still get quite cold at night, and also allows downstairs zones to be manually turned up but automatically turned off again at 8am or 11pm.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 23 June 2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X