• Show
Clear All
  • FullBore
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Total Connect = Apparent Total Failure

I have totally been unable to log in.

TC failed to recognise my password,

I asked for a reset, and followed the reset.

Even when this has been done TC still does not recognise me.

This might be related to my expanding the wifi network at home by replacing old Devolo dLAN® Powerline network extenders with AmpliFi mesh kit.

This had, I thought, gone smoothly with no problems with Ring door bells, Sonos sound system, and a myriad of other kit all of which connected to the new WLAN. The EvoHome controller has connected and shows 4 bars, but access via Total Connect seems impossible. It appears to accept the username & password but after a few seconds they disappear from the log in screen with no rejection of ID,P/W or other failure message.

I wonder whether the recent planned maintenance has any bearing, as when it the maintenance was completed the heating came on, although it had been switched off for months, I tried to turn it off from my Android 'phone, but this generated a failure mesage, and I turned it off, without further thought from the controller.

Any ideas please?

FB
    Last edited by FullBore; 17 August 2018, 03:05 PM. Reason: Clarity
  • StuartW
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • May 2017

Having the same issue. Neither international.mytotalconnectcomfort.com nor the iPhone app are allowing login.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Seems to be completely burgered.

P.

Comment

• FullBore
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2016

It really is frustrating that a company as large as Honeywell can let an issue such as this go on for so long with neither a fix, nor an acknowledgement of the issue or an apology.

FB

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

It's happened before. I seem to remember that last time it took a couple of days before someone hit the big red switch on their Radius server, or whatever it is they do.

I understand from what the Honeywell dudes have said here that the same servers are also used for some of their security systems. I wonder whether those users can't log on either?

P.

Comment

• FullBore
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2016

Thanks Paul

Service restored overnight for me & hopefully everyone.

FB

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Still broken here. Although something has changed - the incorrect password message is now in Hungarian!

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

I see a huge gap in my hot water temperature graph corresponding to the outage yesterday afternoon:

evohome_Hot_Water-day.jpg

Interestingly there is no gap in my heating zone graphs for the same time period. The reason being the heating zone graphs poll entirely from the "old" V1 API, which never seems to have any issues, while the hot water graph uses both API's. It uses the V1 API for more accurate temperature measurement, but the hot water on/off status to draw the blue line can only be polled from the V2 API.

From this I can tell the connection from the Evotouch to Honeywell servers was fine as temperatures were still updating and reporting via the V1 API, it was only the public facing V2 API used by the smart phone apps that was down.

Just speculation but I wonder whether some of these long unexpected outages are something like a DDoS because some snot out there has nothing better to do ? If the same servers are used for security products now I wonder if that makes them a bigger target for miscreants ?
                Last edited by DBMandrake; 18 August 2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

I have had absolutely no issues at all.

Comment

• paulockenden
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Apr 2015

Seems to be working again.

P.

Comment