• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don10
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2017

Evohome - replaced HR92 persists in showing egg timer on Evohome Controller

I had a failed HR92. I replaced it using DMandrake's formula of changing the zone type to zone valve to remove binding to the previous HR92, changing the zone back to radiator and then binding the new HR92. This appears to have been successful: the HR92 declares that it is bound to the correct zone and appears to be following the schedule. But, on the controller the zone does not display a temperature just the egg timer.

I have cleared the fault log and left it alone for a long time (24 hours). What have I done wrong and what should I do about it?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Don10 View Post
    I had a failed HR92. I replaced it using DMandrake's formula of changing the zone type to zone valve to remove binding to the previous HR92, changing the zone back to radiator and then binding the new HR92. This appears to have been successful: the HR92 declares that it is bound to the correct zone and appears to be following the schedule. But, on the controller the zone does not display a temperature just the egg timer.

I have cleared the fault log and left it alone for a long time (24 hours). What have I done wrong and what should I do about it?
    Have you tried pressing the button on the HR92 ? That usually prompts it to send an immediate temperature update.

Does turning the knob on the HR92 cause the set point indicated on the controller to change ?

I'd try going into the zone settings then instead of binding the actuator as you've already done, choose the option to bind a new temperature sensor for the zone.

When prompted to bind put the HR92 into binding mode to complete this.

At least on the Wifi version of the Evotouch it's possible to change the temperature sensor binding without rebinding all the HR92's in a zone by using this method.

An HR92 is both an actuator and a temperature sensor - the normal binding process hides the fact that it is actually binding both functions at once for you.

Comment

• Don10
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2017

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, the button on the HR92 has been pressed several times with no effect.

Yes, the HR92 actuator responds appropriately to twiddling the knob. It both displays the new temperature set and opens / closes the valve.

Rebinding the temperature sensor as you described (although not quite obvious that you have to press 'remote sensor' to get the option to rebind) worked and the temperature for the zone is now displayed.

Why is this so difficult and undocumented? I cannot be the first person to have to replace system components!

Comment

Working...
      X