• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DorrisMancer
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2017

"Battery low" on controller

One of my two Evohome controllers reports "battery low" within a few minutes of being unplugged from the mains. I remember seeing something about how to fix this but can't recall the detail and can't find the discussion. Please can someone give me a pointer ... ?
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DorrisMancer View Post
    One of my two Evohome controllers reports "battery low" within a few minutes of being unplugged from the mains. I remember seeing something about how to fix this but can't recall the detail and can't find the discussion. Please can someone give me a pointer ... ?
    To initiate a full recharge of the battery:

Seat the evohome controller on to the base station.
    When fully located remove the batteries.
    Wait until the battery symbol displays a cross in it and then reinsert them.
    Leave the evohome controller on the base station for at least 12 hours before removing it again.*

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
      To initiate a full recharge of the battery:

Seat the evohome controller on to the base station.
      When fully located remove the batteries.
      Wait until the battery symbol displays a cross in it and then reinsert them.
      Leave the evohome controller on the base station for at least 12 hours before removing it again.*
      Also check the rechargeable batteries in the controller are fitting tightly, making good contact with their terminals.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2017

Thanks! That seems to have sorted it.

Comment

Working...
        X