• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Phantom Activation

I awoke this morning to hear my boiler fire up (05:15). Nothing is set to come on at that time. I checked all zones and all are showing they are above the set temperature, way above, yet two whilst showing an actual temperature much higher than that set, by at least 9 degrees more, indicate there has been an override yet nobody has done that during the night or now (just fired again). Plus the self set override is seeking a temperature that is a lot less than the actual temperature, so should not trigger the boiler, if readers follow me.

The Control Panel showed one override as one set by the app (picture of phone in it) and the other as if set from the Panel. The log does not show any faults and is clear.

I cancelled the odd overrides and all then seemed OK again.

A phantom interference. Anybody any ideas? The version data reads Application Software 2.00.17.03 and Wi-fi Software 2.00.17.00
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Reboot the controller and the HR92's in the affected zone ?

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      Reboot the controller and the HR92's in the affected zone ?
      It was on my mind to do that but it self rectified in that it did not happen again.

Comment

• Stevedh
        Automated Home Guru
        • Mar 2017

Did you check on the controller to see if any zones were calling for heat?

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
          Did you check on the controller to see if any zones were calling for heat?
          Yes. The app showed that two zones had had an override, but not one I had set or anybody else in the house, as did the Control Panel. Not only that, the temperature of each zone was way above that set. There was nothing that could have triggered the boiler from a temperature point of view yet 2 zones showed that something had done an override and the boiler fired up even though there was no heat needed. It has not happened again so I cannot investigate further and no faults recorded in the log.

Comment

• Stevedh
            Automated Home Guru
            • Mar 2017

I assume nothing in the fault log, shame they don't have a proper activity log somewhere so you could track down what happened.
            Any idea if the version data was reading that before this, any chance it updated to this overnight which is what could have messed things up.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
              I assume nothing in the fault log, shame they don't have a proper activity log somewhere so you could track down what happened.
              Any idea if the version data was reading that before this, any chance it updated to this overnight which is what could have messed things up.
              The fault log was empty. I did think we may have had an electricity spike during the night but then that would not cause the TRVs to override as they are not mains powered. Possible I suppose to affect the panel. It was just odd hearing the boiler fire up and seeing two zones with an override set and yet the zones way above the set temperature so no need to trigger the boiler.

Better call Gost Busters!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Not exactly this issue. But yesterday I heard the boiler working, which was odd because our heating is set to OFF. Then when I looked at the controller, all zones had the egg timer symbol. It clearly means that the controller had probably crashed and restarted. In doing so, somehow the OT bridge fired the boiler up and then my pump would have just circulated the water around the ABV for the over run time.
                So yes strange things can happen.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

I've noticed that OT fires the boiler during a controller reboot too. And even a battery pull will do it. Even with the heating set to off.

Comment

• morpheus
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Apr 2016

See my posts on phantom derogation - seems to be solved in latest FW release update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                      See my posts on phantom derogation - seems to be solved in latest FW release update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03
                      It would be nice if that was correct but those are the versions I have.

Comment

• morpheus
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                        It would be nice if that was correct but those are the versions I have.
                        you mean you still have phantom derogation with that SW version ?

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                          you mean you still have phantom derogation with that SW version ?
                          So far as aware, yes. It happened once on the 31st August. Not happened again. It may be that the software was updated thereafter but without asking Honeywell when they did it I cannot say for definite.

Comment

Working...
                          X