• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulGr
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2016

Problem with EvohomeClient

I have encountered a problem with EvohomeClient where the 'until time' for remote temperature changes appears 1 hour too late on the evotouch controller.

For example, when I ran the script below, the evotouch controller showed an override of 15 degrees until 19:00 hours.

The evotouch controller is correctly localised for the UK. I am running the script on a Raspberry Pi which is also correctly localised. Both display the correct local date and time.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I am wondering if it is a DST issue or a UTC vs local time issue? Any help would be appreciated.

#! /usr/bin/python3
    #
    # test program to demonstrate evohomeclient until time issue

user='*********' # fill in your Honeywell TCCN username
    pw='*********' # fill in your Honeywell TCCN password
    z = 'Lounge' # fill in a valid zone name for your system

from datetime import datetime
    from evohomeclient2 import EvohomeClient

ec = EvohomeClient(user, pw)
    zone = ec.locations[0]._gateways[0]._control_systems[0].zones[z]
    dt = datetime(2108, 9, 1, 18, 0, 0) # Note: change date & time to suit
    zone.set_temperature(15, dt)
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Perhaps the API expects the time in UTC not GMT ?

I haven't used datetime() on python before but was having a read over it here:

As you're not specifying any timezone in your datetime call it will be a "naive" datetime object that is unaware of timezones - having your Linux installation set to the correct timezone doesn't help if your code is not written to actually use timezones.

So I suspect that is your problem.

Also see here for more info:

What I need to do I have a timezone-unaware datetime object, to which I need to add a time zone in order to be able to compare it with other timezone-aware datetime objects. I do not want to conver...

Comment

• PaulGr
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2016

Yes, I think you are right. The last time I played with this was back in early March, i.e. before summertime started, which explains why I did not see the problem then.

I delved into the sources on GitHub. In the file zone.py, on line 63, the data for the server is assembled with:

data = {"HeatSetpointValue":temperature,"SetpointMode":"T emporaryOverride","TimeUntil":until.strftime('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ')}

The server seems to require a time in ISO 8601 format and the final Z in the format string signifies zero time offset from UTC.

Thanks also for pointing me to the article on Stack Overflow. It seems this topic is full of gotcha's!

I think I can solve my problem by using now() and utcnow() to make a time delta of the difference between my local time and UTC. This seems to work on my RPi:

Python 3.4.2 (default, Oct 19 2014, 13:31:11)
      [GCC 4.9.1] on linux
      Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
      >>> from datetime import datetime
      >>> dt = datetime.now() - datetime.utcnow()
      >>> print(dt)
      0:59:59.999649
      >>>
      >>> print(datetime.now()-dt)
      2018-09-02 08:30:38.264860
      >>>

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
      X