• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnym
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2018

Evohome WiFi Controller: installer menu options

Hi there. Can anyone point me to a full explanation of the various options in the installation menu? For example, remote sensor vs evotouch sensor in the zone configuration sub-menu.

By way of explanation, my evohome set up consists of a WiFi Controller + hot water + 14 HR92 spread across10 zones, 5 of which have a T87RF wall thermostat. This was set up by an installer, but I am now taking full control (for example, just added a new radiator + HR92 to an existing zone).

The issue I'm struggling with at the moment is finding information on what parameters, whether for HR92 or through the controller installation menu, need to be different for those zones with a T87RF thermostat (as opposed to those zones with HR92 only).

Any pointers greatly appreciated!
  • Alan C
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2017

The "evotouch" sensor is inside the WiFi Controller. It will measure the temperature wherever the controller is located, which may not be what you want. If you bind an HR92, it will act as the temperature controller and the valve actuator. If you want to use the T87RF as its temperature controller, then you need to bind that as the temperature sensor on the appropriate zone.

Regards,

Alan.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

To add to this a little bit, "remote" sensor is any temperature sensor besides the one built into the Evotouch. So that includes both HR92's and wall stats like T87RF.

If you're adding a T87RF to an existing zone of HR92(s) all you need to do is choose the temperature sensor option in the zone configuration, choose the remote sensor option, then bind the T87RF.

Job done. No need to rebind the HR92's or anything else.

The user interface doesn't give any indication which device is the sensor for a zone just looking in the settings, so if you're unsure the only way to tell is to either re-assign it as the temperature sensor, or pop it in the fridge for 5 minutes to see if the reading on the control panel drops! (That's my favoured method...)

Comment

• jonnym
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Sep 2018

Thanks Alan C, DBMandrake - that makes sense, and is very helpful. Not very helpful, conversely, that there is no way to tell from the installation menu whether a zone includes/is controlled by anything other than the HR92!

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to reassign it, so I'll give the fridge method a go. Thanks!

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

I find that just handling the controller (or indeed any external sensor) raises the temp by several degrees and is a good alternative to Simon's fridge test.

Comment

Working...
          X