Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome with multiple BDR91's and underfloor heating

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dst View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone provide further information on how to 'Set them up as electric zones'

I want to use a BDR91 to switch the pump on the UFH manifold, but don't want it to call for heat from the 'boiler' (or in my case thermal store)

How do I bind the BDR91 to get this behaviour? The only option I see is Underfloor Heating, not Electric underfloor heating and I couldn't get it to bind to the BDR91 under the UFH option!?
    The "underfloor heating" option will only be if you use the specific underfloor heating controller module. (Sorry can't remember the model number off hand) If you are just using a BDR91 then you would choose an electric heating zone not an underfloor heating zone.

Also, to get this option you need the Wifi model of controller on recent firmware. The feature did not exist in older controllers.

Automated Home Lurker

Many Thanks for the quick response.

I am using an ATC928G3000 evohome Wi-Fi Connected Controller purchased about 3 months ago, I will check the firmware version later tonight when I get home.

Regards,
    Scott

Automated Home Lurker

Details from system information:

evotouch

App Software Version 02.00.11.21
    WiFi Software Version 02.00.11.00

Only four options in add zone, no electric heating zone.

Is there a newer firmware I need and is there anyway to force an update?

Thanks again,
    Scott.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dst View Post
    Details from system information:

evotouch

App Software Version 02.00.11.21
    WiFi Software Version 02.00.11.00

Only four options in add zone, no electric heating zone.

Is there a newer firmware I need and is there anyway to force an update?

Thanks again,
    Scott.
    Just checked mine, on the Add Zone screen I have Underfloor Heating, Mixing Valve, Radiator Valve, Zone Valve and Electric Heat.

My software version is:

App Software Version 02.00.17.03
    WiFi Software Version 02.00.17.00

So yes, the firmware on yours is out of date. Although I don't recall exactly what version introduced the Electric Heat option I suspect your firmware is older than when it was introduced.

To update the firmware the device needs a working Wifi/Internet connection AND needs to be registered on the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort portal for remote control. If that is done it should update automatically.

So if you haven't done that, add it to the TCC portal and wait 24 hours to see if it updates itself. (You'll get no notifications, the only way to know will be to check the versions)

If you've already had it connected to the TCC portal for more than a day and nothing happened you'll need to contact Honeywell Tech support by email and ask them to "push" the latest update to the device manually. They can give it a "kick" from their end to hurry it up and get it to update within a few hours.

The update process itself is a two stage process. One of the two firmwares updates first, then there is a pause for a few hours then the other updates, so two reboots in total. So don't be alarmed if you check and only one of them has updated, give it a bit more time to complete.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 4th December 2018 at 02:37 AM.

Automated Home Lurker

Excellent, many thanks for taking the time to check that!
    My controller has been registered and online since late last night so hopefully I will find a update on my return this evening.
    Will post an update in due course...

Kind Regards,
    Scott.

Automated Home Lurker

I called Honeywell yesterday to request firmware push and got home last night to find it updated and the the electric heat option present :-) Should be a lot easier to configure now I have the option!

Thanks again for your help with this. Much appreciated!

Regards,
    Scott.