Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Evohomes that can't find any wifi

Automated Home Lurker

Default 2 Evohomes that can't find any wifi

Hello,

So i bought myself the evohome package with 4 controlls for the heating.
    In my house i'm able to control the 4 different rooms.
    So when I go in to the wifi settings of my Evohome, it keeps on searching for wifi networks & after 3 minutes it shows me a blank result screen.
    I thought it was broken because all my other wireless devices are connected to my wifi & I can see my neighbours wifi also. So i sended it back.

After 2 weeks I got a mail that they will renew my Evohome & one day later the post deliverd it.
    I'm sure it's new, not only from the package it was in, but also it had a new serial number that you find when taking off the front cover.
    So charged it for like 36h & went straight back to the wifi setup again, but I get the same result .... no wifi signals detected.
    I changed my router to channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4gh, still can't find a thing.
    Then I read on the internet that someone got it to work with a older router, so went searching in my basement & founded a almost 10 years old router with only 2.4gh, configured it with my laptop & again tried all of the wifi channels, but still my Evohome finds nothing.
    And after the Evohome searches for wifi, you have the ability to enter your ssid name manualy, but this also doesn't work.
    Any suggestions, i really don't know what more I can try!!!

thx & sorry for my english spelling

Automated Home Jr Member

Take a look at this thread, post 4 is my own post which may be of help. Make sure controller is sitting firmly on its mount.

https://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbul...4851#post24851

Automated Home Lurker

hey,

I've already followed everything on that older thread, but still no go, I'm sure it's full charged & sits firmly on the mount.
    really loosing it

Automated Home Sr Member

It's unlikely but I assume you have checked that the SSID is being broadcast? Can other devices join the network as new (test by telling one to forget the network and see if it can see it and rejoin).

Automated Home Legend

Distance from the router to the Evotouch ? Through what kind of walls ?

Have you tried connecting it to the Personal Hotspot/Tethering of your phone as a test ?

Automated Home Lurker

Yes the ssid can been seen by all my other devices, the evohome isn't showing any scan result. I even placed the evohome ontop of my modem.

Automated Home Legend

As unlikely as it sounds you may have two faulty Evotouch units!

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    As unlikely as it sounds you may have two faulty Evotouch units!
    That's the only thing I can think of too.

There WAS a bug which meant the controller couldn't see the higher channels, which was my initial thought. It gives EXACTLY the symptoms you've described, and although fixed in newer firmware you need to be able to connect to get that!

But you've manually tried using lower channels so it can't be that.

One last thing you could do is to just try running one of the Wi-Fi scanner apps on your phone (easier on Android than iOS) to be *absolutely* sure that your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi isn't running on a high numbered channel.

P.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Distance from the router to the Evotouch ? Through what kind of walls ?

Have you tried connecting it to the Personal Hotspot/Tethering of your phone as a test ?
    That is a test well worth doing. It's easy to set up a hotspot on Android, I have used an Apple device to do so but Google sows it to be simple. That would confirm that the Evotouch can or can't see wifi at all.

Automated Home Lurker

sorry for my late reply, was gone for few days.
    Already tried that with a homespot but still it's not discoverd by the evohome, all my other devices can see my hotspot, current modem & my old router (both on channel 6).
    Also I did with Paul suggested and installed a wifi scanner, al my wifi & access points are on channel 6 (will change it because that's not good).
    So I guess I'll have to contact Honeywell again
    Gonna wait till after the winter because last time it took up to 5 weeks before replacement!!!

thx to everyone for your help