• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnym
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2018

Evohome WiFi: temperature differentials

Hi there. My evohome set up consists of a WiFi Controller + hot water + 14 HR92 spread across10 zones, 5 of which have T87RF wall thermostats.

I have an issue in one of the zones with a T87RF. The Evohome WiFi controller shows the zone temperature as 3 to 4C higher than the T87RF shows. The effect is that the room doesn't heat up to the desired temperature. Can anyone offer any pointers as how to fix this, or any settings I might check?

Sorry, I'm not sure I've explained the issue very well. Please just ask if more information is needed. Many thanks in advance.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Sounds like you have either one of the HR92's in the zone or the Evotouch controller itself configured as the temperature sensor for the zone instead of the T87RF.

So just rebind the temperature sensor - long press on settings -> zone configuration -> select the appropriate zone -> Temperature sensor -> Remote sensor, then follow the instructions to bind the T87RF.

After finishing the binding, exit back to the main home screen and leave the system alone for about 5-10 minutes for temperature updates to start coming through from the T87RF, after which the temperature indicated on the controller should fall into line with the T87RF.

If you have the HR92's in the zone configured to display measured temperature they too should start showing the same temperature reported by the T87RF. (Albeit with up to a 4 minute delay)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 22 September 2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• jonnym
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2018

Thanks DBMandrake (again!)

A quick follow-up question: to your knowledge, is there a limit to the number of T87RF thermostats I can add to my Evohome system. I just read something somewhere that gave me pause for thought). Thanks again.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jonnym View Post
        Thanks DBMandrake (again!)

A quick follow-up question: to your knowledge, is there a limit to the number of T87RF thermostats I can add to my Evohome system. I just read something somewhere that gave me pause for thought). Thanks again.
        There can only be a maximum of 12 zones in the system, and when you are using single room mode (where all HR92's in a zone share the same temperature sensor) that would limit you to 12 T87RF thermostats at most - one per zone.
        Last edited by DBMandrake; 23 September 2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• jonnym
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Sep 2018

Brilliant. Thanks DBMandrake. I've cleared and re-binded the T87RF in the problem zone as suggested. Didn't have the heating on last night so not properly tested yet. Thanks again for the invaluable help!

Comment

Working...
          X