Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wifi controller not updating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Jr Member

Default Wifi controller not updating

This has happened twice now and I'm scratching my head a little... I've been running Evohome very happily for a few years now and I don't think anything at all has changed my end so I'm a little lost as to why this has only just started happening. It cannot be readily reproduced either of course, but basically this happens:

1. I set a new temperature (permanent override or timed override) through the phone app, the API or the web site
    2. It is accepted and I can see it in other places, i.e. if I set it through the app I can see it on the web site and poll it through the API
    3. The wifi controller does not update, i.e. it will continue to show the "old" set point...and as such the heating never comes on

This morning the bathroom was set to 10deg permanent override. It being rather chilly, I set a new target temperature of 23deg. The screenshots I have attached clearly show that the website has updated with the new value, but around 30 minutes later the controller still hadn't updated. It DOES look like it had communicated the actual values since the ones displayed on the WebUI were accurate. I didn't get an email to say that "remote implementation of schedule had failed" or something to that effect - I vaguely remember getting those in the past when there was an issue.

This has happened twice now. The first time, I rebooted the controller and when it eventually came back the issue was gone, but of course this could have been a complete red herring and time alone might have addressed the issue. There are no faults recorded in the log book.

Anybody have any thoughts as to what might be going on here?

phone app.jpgcontroller.jpg

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi,

I’m afraid that I can’t offer a solution but I have exactly the same problem, noticed it yesterday and it’s the same today. System has been fine for two years so I thought I would wait a few days before rebooting the controller / reinstalling apps.

Clive

Automated Home Lurker

Me too. Just decided it was cold enough to switch on the heating and it is not possible to control the system.

Temperatures are being reported correctly via the app/website.

Have rebooted controller.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thank you both. Good to know it's not just me. May I ask whether you're both using the API for anything? I am polling the API for a few different tools and am now thinking aloud as to whether I might be hammering it too much / frequently and as such the controller has a hard time connecting and receiving updates. I just turned OpenHAB (which polls the API) off and the controller has responded to a few changes. This could of course be a red herring so I'll monitor but just wondering whether this might be related.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by mart1711 View Post
    Thank you both. Good to know it's not just me. May I ask whether you're both using the API for anything? I am polling the API for a few different tools and am now thinking aloud as to whether I might be hammering it too much / frequently and as such the controller has a hard time connecting and receiving updates. I just turned OpenHAB (which polls the API) off and the controller has responded to a few changes. This could of course be a red herring so I'll monitor but just wondering whether this might be related.
    I’m polling the Honeywell account server for temperature logging and that’s continued to work fine. Have been doing so for probably six months and no issues. Now tried rebooting the Evohome controller and no change. Also the outside temperature has disappeared which makes it look like it is not receiving any update from the Honeywell end.

Clive

Automated Home Guru

+1 - Also happening to me since at least late last night when I noticed iOS apps changes were not being honoured. That said, I have an override iPhone icon on the zones in question with no ability to cancel.

Outside weather reporting correctly all day, so there is comms. there - but something not quite right.

Automated Home Legend

There was a recent outage of the API (see another nearby thread) so it's possible this was the cause.

In multiple occasions in the past where there has been an API outage it has been followed by inconsistent application of commands via the API for a few days afterwards.

Automated Home Lurker

Not using the API, just Android app and website. All behaving very strangely.

Automated Home Sr Member

Iphone app changes not happening here too but console changes are working

Automated Home Legend

Same problem here - woke up this morning to a very chilly bedroom, no problem I thought, set the bedroom radiator up to 19C from the iPhone app then hide under the covers for a bit longer.

10-15 minutes later I got up, found the radiator was cold and the set point on the HR92 itself was still the night time one despite the iPhone app claiming the change had been successful, so made the change again via the HR92 dial - this time it worked of course. Let down by technology!

Communication from the Evotouch to the Honeywell servers is fine in the reporting direction - all my temperature graphs are updating just fine, it's only the Evotouch not responding to changes from the iPhone app that's an issue.

C'mon Honeywell, sort it out - this problem always seems to happen after any unannounced outage of the API/phone apps....
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 25th September 2018 at 06:44 AM.