• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azjazz
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2005

Problems with X-10

I am having a problem with my X10 units that drive my pool jacuzzi pump and my pool lights.

I have an RTM75 for the remote controller, a "Heavy Duty Appliance Module" with no marked part number controlling the jacuzzi pump, and a remote 500W incandescent lamp controller (with dimmer) for the pool lamp.

The system has worked fine for about 3 years without problems until last week.

All of the sudden, my pool light and my jacuzzi pump turn on randomly. I pulled out the remote X10 transmitter from my wall, but the light and pump still turn on randomly.

Does anyone know what's going on? And, more importantly - how to fix it?

Thanks!
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Re: Problems with X-10

Hi

Have you added any new electrical appliances lately? Some items can give off electrical "noise" which can interfere with X10.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• azjazz
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2005

I thought about this too, and I couldn't think of anything new that I've added.

Most of the stuff I've read on the 'net (and there doesn't seem to be much, surprisingly) seemed to indicate that appliances will tend to "block" X-10 functionality so that a command won't be understood by the device.

Is it possible that an appliance will actually repeatedly turn on X-10 devices?

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

As you seem to have ruled out any new appliances etc. Then have you tried using a different house code. Something else to consider is a whole house X10 filter, as you could be picking up stray X10 signals from someone else in the neigbourhood. The change of house and or unit code may verify this.
        Good luck
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• kevinlo
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by toscal
          As you seem to have ruled out any new appliances etc. Then have you tried using a different house code. Something else to consider is a whole house X10 filter, as you could be picking up stray X10 signals from someone else in the neigbourhood. The change of house and or unit code may verify this.
          Good luck
          I also have the same experence , for my new home , all the wall switch is support X10 , but sometime sudden ON , sudden OFF , very horrible...
          And finally I found the rule. Once I turn on Tolet's VENTILATING FAN , it will happen "sudden on sudden off" once I turn the fan off , no problem on it. So I install one Noise Filter Micro Module and hidden in the wall switch. Problem Solve.
          And I also found another problem is the Spot Light. I connect those spot light with the Dimmer Wall Switch. If I turn on those Spot Light , ALL X10 device will out of control. But I will turn off it , everything back to normal.
          So I also need to install a Noise Filter for solve the problem.

I already ask the factory , their explaination is some appliance generate Noise on the power line for influence X10 signal.
          ============================
          Kevin Lo
          New X10 Product for 220V Countries !
          http://www.automation-at-home.com
          http://x10-hk.com/store/
          ============================

Comment

Working...
          X