• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy1966
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2018

Hive 2 to Evohome switch difficult?

Hi
    I am hoping for a little advice. I currently have Hive 2 heating and have bought the kit to switch to Evohome system.

Hive has a single relay in my airing cupboard, which controls water and heating.

My evohome kit came with a hot water kit containing one relay and a CH kit containing another identical relay.

I was hoping, perhaps naively that this would be easy enough for a non DIYer like myself. Looking online at diagrams, it looks like the Hive relay has HW On/Off wires and CH On/Off wires. Is it not just a case of putting these wires to the correct pins in the Evohome relay? And do I need to use both relays or can this all be wired up into one of them?

Any advice is appreciated. I am seeing my electrician tomorrow, but hoping this is a job I can do.
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

The Evohome relays can only control one circuit, so you'll need both of them for your two valves. I assume your boiler is fired off the orange wires from the valves, given you haven't mentioned any other Hive parts.

Comment

• Andy1966
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by dty View Post
      The Evohome relays can only control one circuit, so you'll need both of them for your two valves. I assume your boiler is fired off the orange wires from the valves, given you haven't mentioned any other Hive parts.
      Thanks. I have no idea.

I have come to the conclusion pretty quickly that i will need expert help installing the relays. The Hive relay has a single thick white wire going into it. Inside that white wire are all the wires to control heating and water. Not sure if that white wire was installed with the Hive, or was the same wire that the previous programmer used.

Anyway, thanks for chipping in.

Comment

Working...
      X