Evohome down - 3rd Octber 2018 @ 05:30 GMT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robj20
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Don't talk to me about lyrics, got the new one and it's pants. Just doesn't work.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

You don't seem to have a lot of luck with technology, Rob..... ;-)

Comment

• robj20
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Aug 2017

No just Honeywell, have loads of smart home stuff but Honeywell gives me by far the most grief.
        Lyric just will not work via Alexa, constantly refuses to connect to the WiFi when the fire stick next to it manages just fine as does my phone.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by robj20 View Post
          Wow, think I just fixed it.
          Logged into the website and removed the comfort system.
          Then readded it with the Mac and CRC numbers.
          All seems normal now and the app as well.

Seems odd.
          Not all that odd. It happens with other apps as well. From time to time they seem to stop working or not doing so properly. Years ago it was a standing joke that with Windows to put things right you log out and back in again. I had the issue last week with the Evohome app but it is not alone. I am no expert but it may be no more than distribution in the network during a download. In 4 years of use, yes, I have had the odd quirk with Evohome but generally speaking if one stops playing with it and leave it alone, it works.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Still having problems here. Last night about 12:30 I spent several minutes editing and saving the schedule of two rooms from the iPhone app - no errors were reported at any time and the schedules were apparently saved.

However I was suspicious because my change in schedule should have resulted in a change in the current set point of the zones - but despite waiting for over a minute and pulling down on the main temperature screen to refresh it, the set point stubbornly remained the same.

So I went downstairs to the controller and surprise surprise, no sign of the new schedule - the schedule for both rooms was still the original one. I force quit the iPhone app then reloaded it again, waited for it to update from the servers and it still showed the "new" schedule.

At this point I just got fed up and re-edited the schedules from the controller so I could get to bed.

No "failed to change zone" emails have been received since either.

Actual zone set points and measured temperatures are being reported to the iPhone app perfectly well - so I know both the controller and iPhone app are connecting to the Honeywell servers. However pushing changes from iPhone to controller is not working.

This kind of data inconsistency is extremely frustrating, Honeywell. If it was a complete loss of connection I would at least know it wasn't working, however everything was reported as being normal - no errors whatsoever, it simply wouldn't apply the schedules from the iPhone app to the controller, this greatly reduces my confidence in using the iPhone app to make changes to the system, as only by going to the controller did I confirm that my changes were not sent - kind of defeating the point of remotely controlling it.

Please check your servers and sort this out... If it doesn't work reliably and silently fails to do as it says it might as well not be there at all.

Anyone else tried updating their schedules from the iPhone app then checking the changes were in fact applied ?
            Last edited by DBMandrake; 4 October 2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

I had the same issue last weekend. I wanted to change the shedules now that colder times are ahead. I tried in both my iPhone and iPad, the app in each accepted a change but nothing at the controller end. Like you I did it on the control panel. I then deleted the app on my devices and reinstalled it. All good thereafter.

Comment

• SteveP
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                I had the same issue last weekend. I wanted to change the shedules now that colder times are ahead. I tried in both my iPhone and iPad, the app in each accepted a change but nothing at the controller end. Like you I did it on the control panel. I then deleted the app on my devices and reinstalled it. All good thereafter.
                Yep the same for me last week - I thought I was being a bit numpty but "good" to hear I am not alone. Had to delete and reinstall the app as well to get back in sync

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

I know this isn't an Evohome support forum, and that they Honeywell people are here in an unofficial capacity, but a quick (and honest!) update about what's been going on would be appreciated and I'm sure would restore a lot of confidence.

Comment

• olektrolek
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                    I know this isn't an Evohome support forum, and that they Honeywell people are here in an unofficial capacity, but a quick (and honest!) update about what's been going on would be appreciated and I'm sure would restore a lot of confidence.
                    Hi everybody, have been silent reader of this forum for while.
                    Owner of evohome + 12 TRVs + DHW kit here.

finally got my privileges sorted with forum admins

what wanted to say is that I am also doubt that the green message "Service fully operational" at the login page is reliable...
                    I have seen cases where controler was not updated with schedule changes/heating overrides made via website - still message was saying "Service fully operational".
                    Last edited by olektrolek; 4 October 2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Now had a different issue. Every time I opened the app it promptly closed itsel. Cured by deleting and reinstalling. There does seem to be a problem with the app.

Comment

• SteveP
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Dec 2012

Is that on ios? as I have had that happen 3 times now over the past year and have to delete and reinstall - thought it was my phone !

Comment

• olektrolek
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                          Now had a different issue. Every time I opened the app it promptly closed itsel. Cured by deleting and reinstalling. There does seem to be a problem with the app.
                          for me this happens where I modify zone setup, either by adding, removing or renaming rooms.
                          reinstalling helps.
                          iOS app.

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                            Is that on ios? as I have had that happen 3 times now over the past year and have to delete and reinstall - thought it was my phone !
                            Yes, running IOS 12. It happened on all IOS devices in the house - my wife's iPhone and iPad and my iPhone and iPad. With each I had the same thing happening and with each I had to delete and reinstall.

Comment

Working...
                            X