Evohome down - 3rd Octber 2018 @ 05:30 GMT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FullBore
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Evohome down - 3rd Octber 2018 @ 05:30 GMT ?

I have been unable to sign on to Evohome this morning.

When trying to do so I get the, rather childish, message:-

Oops, an unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.
    This also happened yesterday.

Is Evohome down, again?

FB
  • robj20
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Seems so, yesterday i was having issues with the app and website both saying "communication with system lost" cant even log in today.

Comment

• FullBore
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2016

Update...

The message that I am now getting at 05:48 GMT is now slightly different:-

Oops, there was a problem loading this page. Please refresh the page or try again later.
      Refreshing the page doesn't change anything.

It's time Honeywell got their act together & provided a more robust server.

FB

Comment

• Mickjohn
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Mar 2015

Hi, I have had 10 sets of emails over night ‘cant connect’ ‘reconnected’ and cant log into app.

Mick

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

I think these things are account specific.

Just logged into the website, no problem. The app, no problem. And no overnight communication emails.

Comment

• FullBore
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2016

I'm pleased to say that it appears that the server is again available.

Could Honeywell not have a status website on which it could:-

Pre announce scheduled downtime - although they should also advise users by email.

Publish details of unplanned outages, together with progress reports on efforts being taken to resolve them, and when resolved an explanation of what caused the unplanned downtime.

I rely heavily on being to control my system when away from home, and of late this hasn't always been possible, resulting in wasted fuel, and returning home to a house with no hot water.

I hope someone will respond on behalf of Honeywell - please.

FB

Comment

• FullBore
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
              I think these things are account specific.

Just logged into the website, no problem. The app, no problem. And no overnight communication emails.
              Many thanks Paul

They may well be account specific, as you suggest, I'm glad you too wern't affected.

This however does not mean that Honeywell can ignore the issues.

I didn't receive any emails, but did receive an email:-

We would like to notify you that your attempt to remotely implement a change to the following zone failed at 10/02/2018 17:16:25:
              FB

Comment

• robj20
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Aug 2017

Still says "communication with the system has been lost" for me.
                Getting fed up of this evohome.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

Rob,

Are you using this page to log in? https://international.mytotalconnect.../Account/Login

There should be a box below the login with the system status. It's green here, and says "Service fully operational". What does it say for you?

Comment

• robj20
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Aug 2017

Yes use that page, and says service fully operational, yet still says no communication with system.

It doesn't help that Honeywell just don't seem to reply to emails.

Is there a complete way of wiping everything and starting from scratch.
                    Though I don't see why I should as Alexa still passes on commands so the API and system obviously are working.

Comment

• robj20
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Aug 2017

Wow, think I just fixed it.
                      Logged into the website and removed the comfort system.
                      Then readded it with the Mac and CRC numbers.
                      All seems normal now and the app as well.

Seems odd.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FullBore View Post
                        Many thanks Paul

They may well be account specific, as you suggest, I'm glad you too wern't affected.

This however does not mean that Honeywell can ignore the issues.

I didn't receive any emails, but did receive an email:-

FB
                        I've received a few of those "failed to implement change to zone" emails when making changes from my phone - despite the changes actually being applied to the controller.

I've also seen emails saying my controller has lost its connection despite me still being able to control it via the phone.

I've definitely seen intermittent issues the last few days, it's not just you.

Comment

• paulockenden
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Apr 2015

Twitter is full of reports too. Starting mid September, with a total outage on the 25th. But intermittent problems reported since then.

Honeywell is obviously having big problems. If I had to guess I'd say it was a cloud server migration that hasn't gone to plan. Or a massive DDoS attack. I doubt the company would admit to either.

P.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                            Twitter is full of reports too. Starting mid September, with a total outage on the 25th. But intermittent problems reported since then.

Honeywell is obviously having big problems. If I had to guess I'd say it was a cloud server migration that hasn't gone to plan. Or a massive DDoS attack. I doubt the company would admit to either.
                            Last time there was a big outage I speculated that incorporating the alarm features into their services (now supported in the iOS App, presumably using the same servers) might make them a DDoS target. I wonder if this is actually the case ?

People wouldn't care about maliciously knocking people's remote control of their heating offline, but if they can remotely kill the ability of security systems to report in, that's a worthwhile target for DDoS'ers...

Does anyone know if the wireless security products have also been affected ?

Comment

• paulockenden
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Apr 2015

Lyric got migrated from Microsoft's Orleans framework onto Azure Surface Fabric earlier this year(*). i wonder whether the same thing has happened to Evohome/TCC ?

(*) Honeywell keeps quiet about things like this, but Microsoft shouts about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X