Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evohome down - 3rd Octber 2018 @ 05:30 GMT ?

Automated Home Legend

I had the same issue last weekend. I wanted to change the shedules now that colder times are ahead. I tried in both my iPhone and iPad, the app in each accepted a change but nothing at the controller end. Like you I did it on the control panel. I then deleted the app on my devices and reinstalled it. All good thereafter.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I had the same issue last weekend. I wanted to change the shedules now that colder times are ahead. I tried in both my iPhone and iPad, the app in each accepted a change but nothing at the controller end. Like you I did it on the control panel. I then deleted the app on my devices and reinstalled it. All good thereafter.
    Yep the same for me last week - I thought I was being a bit numpty but "good" to hear I am not alone. Had to delete and reinstall the app as well to get back in sync

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I know this isn't an Evohome support forum, and that they Honeywell people are here in an unofficial capacity, but a quick (and honest!) update about what's been going on would be appreciated and I'm sure would restore a lot of confidence.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    I know this isn't an Evohome support forum, and that they Honeywell people are here in an unofficial capacity, but a quick (and honest!) update about what's been going on would be appreciated and I'm sure would restore a lot of confidence.
    Hi everybody, have been silent reader of this forum for while.
    Owner of evohome + 12 TRVs + DHW kit here.

finally got my privileges sorted with forum admins

what wanted to say is that I am also doubt that the green message "Service fully operational" at the login page is reliable...
    I have seen cases where controler was not updated with schedule changes/heating overrides made via website - still message was saying "Service fully operational".
    Last edited by olektrolek; 4th October 2018 at 12:21 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Now had a different issue. Every time I opened the app it promptly closed itsel. Cured by deleting and reinstalling. There does seem to be a problem with the app.

Automated Home Sr Member

Is that on ios? as I have had that happen 3 times now over the past year and have to delete and reinstall - thought it was my phone !

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Now had a different issue. Every time I opened the app it promptly closed itsel. Cured by deleting and reinstalling. There does seem to be a problem with the app.
    for me this happens where I modify zone setup, either by adding, removing or renaming rooms.
    reinstalling helps.
    iOS app.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Is that on ios? as I have had that happen 3 times now over the past year and have to delete and reinstall - thought it was my phone !
    Yes, running IOS 12. It happened on all IOS devices in the house - my wife's iPhone and iPad and my iPhone and iPad. With each I had the same thing happening and with each I had to delete and reinstall.