Hot water icon in evotouch - is it really working as expected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olektrolek
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2018

Hot water icon in evotouch - is it really working as expected?

I observe that icon for the "heating" state displays always in selected hours regardless if boiler is really working, ie. if there is demand for heat or not.

example:
    water heating set to ON between 6.30 and 8.30. target temperature is set 51 deg.
    IMG_9236-1.jpg

The active state is still ON even though current is 52 and boiler stopped. This will last until 8.30 when it will turn blue (not heating).

IMG_9235.jpg

I would expect it to be "red" only of boiler is running, otherwise should go blue as soon as it reached desired temperature and stopped boiler.

what happens currently it displays "red" all the time between 6.30 - 8.30, even though boiler went off after reaching desired 51 degs.
    Attached Files
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

It's working as designed.

Red simply means the hot water is scheduled to be hot at this time of the day. It says nothing about whether the boiler is firing or whether the hot water is below the set temperature.

It's a schedule status indicator, not a boiler demand indicator.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Indeed. Same as heating, which also doesn't show demand.

You need to be in the installer settings to see actual boiler demand - For hot water or zones.

Comment

• basiluk
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2008

I agree, I think that the way it currently neatly works makes the most sense.

Comment

Working...
        X