Evohome - Fitting HR92 to Chrome Towel Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gurj
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2018

Evohome - Fitting HR92 to Chrome Towel Rails?

Hi All,

Had Evohome installed this Summer and it's started showing its value with the colder morning and evenings now. Have 9 zones (rooms) configured + HW.

One issue is that I didn't add HR92's to the 3 bathroom's chrome towel radiators since I figured (a) it wouldn't look good, (b) that the rads would come on when it's cold anyway. However we have a South facing garden and the back of the house gets warmer than the front, so Hallway rads call for heat and cause towel rail in bathroom at back of house (South facing) to come on making it get 3-4 degrees warmer than the Hall.

Has anyone got pictures of HR92's connected to chrome/silver rads?
    I wonder what it will actually look like if I add them.
    A half-way option would be to add chrome TRVs to limit how hot the towel rails get.

Anyone come up with a different or better solution for towel rail control?

Thanks!
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Like I said elsewhere, just put some chrome TRV heads on and you should be OK.

Comment

• Gurj
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2018

Thanks both.

Will go with chrome TRVs for now and add an HR92 later if needed or when/if Honeywell create a silver one.

I assume HR92's fit on most TRVs but will need to check which model my plumber is recommending for compatibility. If you know a good make/model of chrome TRV please share.

Comment

• Stevedh
        Automated Home Guru
        • Mar 2017

If you want to see how it looks or works, could you sort of borrow a HR92 from another room to see, also if it doesn't fit there are adaptors for some.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

I used these on the towel rails, and can confirm a HR92 will fit on and work correctly.

Stunning Modern Radiator Valves In Manual & TRV Designs Our range of modern radiator valves are the perfect complement to any new designer, column, aluminium or cast iron radiator installation. Th…

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Whilst my towel rails are black the Honeywell TRVs do not look out of place.

Comment

• g6ejd
              Automated Home Guru
              • Oct 2016

Worked perfectly now for 22-months. Mounted to Honeywell right-angle adapters.

IMG_0186.jpg

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

On the HR92 where are the slots for the air to enter for the temperature sensing. In that picture above, won't the temperature be sensing the rod just above the HR92, rather than that of the room?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                  On the HR92 where are the slots for the air to enter for the temperature sensing. In that picture above, won't the temperature be sensing the rod just above the HR92, rather than that of the room?
                  I don't think there are any slots specifically for air to enter the sensor, as there is only one slot at the rear into the battery compartment but the sensor is on the PCB which if I remember from the one I disassembled is at the front directly behind the button. (As the button is on the PCB)

I have a dead one whose screen has been ripped off so I may take it apart again to have a closer look at the layout inside. It's one I've already disassembled and reassembled once before when the screen was accidentally "removed" by some furniture...

Comment

• g6ejd
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Oct 2016

That’s why I mentioned the time it’s been installed the temperature is set to 21° and it maintains that temperature perfectly never too cold in the bathroom, so I conclude it is measuring the convected air temperature rather than radiated heat. Honeywell do sell the valves used for the HR92 futying not cheap at £85 but very high quality. It all works.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Ah right, so a little different than the HR80. In the HR80, the sensor is also on the PCB, but the component legs are kept long to allow the sensor to come up close to the slots in the front, just above the display and below the wheel.
                      However in any case, I would have thought with the front of either the HR80 or HR92 facing, what could be, the hottest rod of the radiator wouldn't be a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X