• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olektrolek
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2018

Temperature displayed on HR92 with evotouch controller as a sensor

Hi,

i have zone configured with two valves HR92 and evotouch controller acting as temp sensor for this zone.
    i configured valves to display current temp reading rather than setpoint - "avanced" configuration in HR92 allows you to do so - option "7", value "1".

do I understand it correctly that for evotouch being zone thermometer both HR92s should display what is coming from evotouch?

example:

first HR92 - reads temp1
    second HR92 - reads temp2
    evotouch reads temp3

ALL three show zone temp of temp3

?
    and of course - in most cases these three should be close if not even identical. but its more about getting clear whats the design here?
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Option 7 flips between showing the setpoint or the measured temp, but it's the measured temp of the ZONE rather than the particular HR92.

I find it helps to think of the HR92 as two devices loosely coupled. A valve controller (actuator) and a thermometer (sensor). In your setup only the first bit is actually used.

The sensor does still work, and with an HGI80 you can see the data being sent back to the controller. But the controller ignores it. I think.

Comment

• olektrolek
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
      but it's the measured temp of the ZONE rather than the particular HR92.

so that would be answer for my question - both HR92s show temperature measured by evotouch.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by olektrolek View Post
        so that would be answer for my question - both HR92s show temperature measured by evotouch.
        In a single room zone, yes. All devices in the zone should report the same measured temperature. (Sometimes it will be out by 0.5 between devices due to rounding errors or delays in transmitting measured changes)

Comment

Working...
        X